Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Daisy82
Beginner

Help needed - Cambridge hen do.

Daisy82, 3 February, 2011 at 19:20 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 10

I really need all your help.

I'm helping plan my SIL's hen do to cambridge and we're looking for both nice but cheap accommodation and something to do Friday night that doesn't cost too much.

There;s about 25 of us going but not all staying all weekend.

Has anybody got any ideas?

Thanks, Vicks x

10 replies

Latest activity by ai3x, 3 February, 2011 at 23:11
  • The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

Oooo me me me! This is my area!

There is a travelodge in Cambridge but not sure of prices. Will have a root around for you.

When is the hen night going to be? Punting's always a good one, and I think was about £13 each when we went. There are loads of really nice places to eat in Cambridge too.

• Daisy82
    Beginner
    Daisy82 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Zippy,

There's 3 of us tryin to organise this and so far we have:

Punting for saturday day and cocktail making at night.

Sunday is a veg day and travel back home. Not far as we're Ipswich based.

It's Friday night that's the pain. We probably will end up in the Travelodge but I reckon that's too common for the bride to be and the chief BM. They would love a house we could rent so we could play games etc on Friday night but we just can't find one big enough. We're looking at 1st weekend in July so not the best time of year to be doing that.

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

How many need accomodation?

• Daisy82
    Beginner
    Daisy82 ·
    • Hide content

It's a right pain as there is about 10 people for whole weekend and others who are dipping in and out and causing us stress!! So the other 5, some are staying Friday night and others staying just the Saturday.

They really want a big house to rent so we can play wii etc and games on Friday as that;s what we did on mine and they loved it but I don't think we'll be able to do that.

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

There is a house that sleeps 12 which is about 8 miles from Cambridge. Only thing is you'd need taxis or someone to drive into Cambridge.

Also it's all double beds I think

https://www.cottageselection.co.uk/sites/cottageselection/Partners/HIS/Pages/PropertyDetails_C.aspx?QS=138ED4D4-AED1-4238-97C5-0BF6A7ACA36E~C~RNN6~~216~GBP~~0~~A~N~~be682df3-0364-4b4d-8f90-04f2c1ee7a8d~23009~0~0~~~Y~N~

• Daisy82
    Beginner
    Daisy82 ·
    • Hide content

I've found loads of places like this which I think would work but they all got turned down. I'll just have to keep looking. Thanks for your help Zippy x

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

What about serviced apartments? Like hotel type apartments?

https://www.questapartments.co.uk/

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

There are other companies that do it too. It doesn't look any more expensive than a hotel would be.

• Daisy82
    Beginner
    Daisy82 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Zippy. I've passed that on so see what they say x

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

If you found 2 x 3 bed apartments in the same block that would be ideal. THe website said prices started from the equivelant of £49 pp per night, which is probably cheaper than travelodge for July.

I looked for travelodge for my hen night which was July, and they wanted £75 per room so I got the last train home instead!

• ai3x
    Beginner September 2011
    ai3x ·
    • Hide content

Eeek don't know about the accommodation but for food Jamie Oliver has just opened a new restaurant. It's all hip and cool but meant to be very good.

If you don't mind something expensive for food restaurant 22 is epicly good. They even have a room upstairs that should be able to seat you all.

Good luck!

Alex

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics