Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner

Help needed! We are looking for Self catering house with civil ceremony licence and I can't find the right place within budget

Suz2015, 31 of July of 2014 at 11:37 Posted on Planning 0 5

I have searched high and low and can't seem to find what we are looking for!

Ideally I would like a house with a civil ceremony licence that can sleep 20 (or two houses next to each other) so we can go with our family for the weekend to stay. Get married and then have a reception in a marquee on the grounds after with more guests arriving for the rest of the day.

I have seen axnoller in Dorset which is amazing but a bit pricey. Although, definately the kind of thing I am looking for.
It can be in Hampshire, Surrey, Berkshire or anywhere within a couple of hours drive. Just want to find the right place.

Any ideas would be really appreciated Smiley smile

Thanks x

5 replies

Latest activity by Childhood-Sweet<3, 31 of July of 2014 at 14:03
  • M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

It may be too far for you but we have attended several weddings at Polhawn fort over the years and I think it may be exactly what you are looking for.

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

Also contact the YHA: they have some exclusive use venues and they have some venues with civil licence, I'm just not sure of any of the venues are both.

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

Also contact the YHA: they have some exclusive use venues and they have some venues with civil licence, I'm just not sure of any of the venues are both.

• Decorated_Doll
    Beginner July 2016
    Decorated_Doll ·
    • Hide content

Granary Court, Hargate House, and quite a few in North Wales, are perfect for that. I think the North Wales ones are Eriviat Hall and Crogen Estate.

All of these are a really good price Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner
    Suz2015 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you, the fort is gorgeous. It is definately the kind of thing we are looking for but maybe a bit too far from us (4 hours drive) but will consider it.

I have contacted the YHA thanks for tip! and looked at the other ones but they are again a bit too far. I'm looking devon, dorset, hampshire, surrey, berks, sussex at the mo.

Any other suggestions will be greatly welcomed!

• Childhood-Sweet<3
    Beginner July 2014
    Childhood-Sweet<3 ·
    • Hide content

I am in Devon, and this is somewhere we looked.

http://www.cadhay.org.uk/weddingsoccasions.html

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics