Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner June 2012

Help needed with Classical music for Civil Ceremony

Bride2012, 18 May, 2012 at 22:15 Posted on Planning 0 2

I am having a really tough time deciding on music for our Civil Ceremony. The hotel we are getting married in only allows classical music. So far I have chosen:

Canon in D - Pachelbel (Walking down the aisle)

Salut d'Amour - Elgar (Signing the Register)

Concerto Alla Rustica (Signing the Register)

I am stuck on what to have for walking back down the aisle once we are married. I quite like Four Seasons (Spring) by Vivaldi but not sure. Any ideas?

Thanks

Michelle

2 replies

Latest activity by Chickster, 19 May, 2012 at 08:30
  • Chickster
    Beginner August 2013
    Chickster ·
    • Hide content

That is one of the most bizarre things I have ever heard - what on earth is the management team thinking? Are you getting marries at Buckingham palace??!!

How about having a bit of fun with it just to rebel? There are classical versions of pop songs around that you could possibly use? Or something from a film perhaps (Lord of the Rings, Star Wars etc). If this was me, I would be soooo tempted to play a classical version of something like 'Anarchy' by the Sex Pistols - just to stick it to the masses!! (But that's just me!).

• Chickster
    Beginner August 2013
    Chickster ·
    • Hide content

Aside from my rebellious rant - I also meant to say that I absolutely love Vivaldi's Four Seasons so I think that is a great choice.

I just had a listen to the others on iTunes and I think they are all beautiful. Lovely choices there x x x x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics