Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner October 2022 Tyne & Wear

Help! North East photographer has let us down

Jane, 1 of August of 2022 at 11:14 Posted on Planning 0 11
Hi all! First post. Despite having booked a photographer last year - she has now said she has ‘double booked’ and we are without a photographer. She offered her colleague for the same price but this person is clearly inexperienced and we did not like her photographs at all - certainly not enough to pay the same. We are getting married on 29th October in Newcastle Upon Tyne. Has anyone got any recommendations??? Absolutely gutted (and somewhat angry to be honest!!)

11 replies

Latest activity by Amy, 7 of August of 2022 at 09:42
  • A
    Dedicated March 2024 Essex
    Alison ·
    • Hide content
    This happened to my brother and SIL except they were only 5 weeks away from their wedding! I put a plea out on Facebook and found someone else for them really quite easily. Hope you find someone!
  • Adele
    Savvy March 2024 Durham
    Adele ·
    • Hide content
    Hi I am quite close to you. Based in Sunderland and getting married at Beamish hall. I have booked never ending stories photography. She is great and close by. However I almost booked a couple 'Leopard prints photography' - they are reasonably priced and there are 2 of them. No idea about how likely they are to be available but they are both on Instagram. Hope this helps and hope you find someone good.
  • J
    Jane ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi! Thanks so much for your reply. Unfortunately it is that company that I booked who have now double booked for whatever reason. I’ll check out leopard prints though - thanks again! Enjoy your wedding at Beamish - it is such a gorgeous location! ♥️
  • J
    Jane ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you - fingers crossed some of the recommendations will bear fruit! It must have been a nightmare only five weeks before 😱
  • Adele
    Savvy March 2024 Durham
    Adele ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahh really, sorry Jane! But leopard prints are a lovely couple. I also met a lady at a wed less ordinary wedding fayre a few months ago, her business is Victoria sponge photography and she's based in North Shields. She is really lovely, I really liked her and her photos look good. Also on Instagram. Good luck ❤️
  • Aisling
    Curious July 2022 Lothian & Borders
    Aisling ·
    • Hide content

I highly recommend Edinburgh Photographic!

• Nicola
    Beginner December 2023 Durham
    Nicola ·
    • Hide content
    Hi, I'm getting married next year at the Black Horse Beamish and I've booked Lux Photography, we met them at a wedding fayre at the South Causey. They have their own website, if you pop in their name in a search you should find them 🙂 good luck in finding a replacement 🍀
  • Ginny
    Curious July 2022 Essex
    Ginny ·
    • Hide content

I used a photographer called @sephotographyessex on Instagram. I'm pretty sure she travels and she is amazing I couldn't recommend her enough. She was so organised and her photos are amazing check her out. She's been doing photography forever so ever experienced and provided us the direction we needed to get good photos - we're so awkward in front of the camera

• Niamh
    Beginner September 2022 Northumberland
    Niamh ·
    • Hide content

I recommend the north east wedding planning group on FB - People puts pleas on there for last minute suppliers all the time and they seem to get a great response!

• C
    Beginner November 2022 The Vale of Glamorgan
    Christine ·
    • Hide content
    Try a company on Facebook called shots northeast. She is doing my wedding photography on the 24th November
  • A
    Curious November 2022 Durham
    Amy ·
    • Hide content
    We have booked with blackout media look them up on Facebook he may be available

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics