Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner September 2012

Help on Calming Nerves?

amanda66, 5 September, 2012 at 12:27 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi Ladies,

10 days to go today and the wedding nerves are slowly creeping in for myself and OH. Anyone got any tips on how to relax and enjoy the final stages before the wedding.

Also, any OM's got any tips on calming nerves on the big day itself

TIA

Amanda xx

12 replies

Latest activity by natalieexx, 7 September, 2012 at 14:18
  • *Eclair*
    Beginner August 2012
    *Eclair* ·
    • Hide content

Which particular part of the day are you worried about? I was a bit anxious in the morning about having everyone watching me as I walked up the aisle but in the rush I'd forgotten by the time I got to the church.

• Taylor Made Weddings
    Taylor Made Weddings ·
    • Hide content

Hi Amanda All the very best for your forthcoming wedding. How do you feel about Holistic treatments? You could organise either someone to call round to your home or go along to your nearest spa hotel. There are many different treatments available to help relieve stress and promote a sense of well being and calm. Even on the day itself you could perhaps have someone come round and give you a neck and shoulder massage, (before hair and makeup of course) which is where a lot of your tension will be. And if your fiancé feels the same, he to can have similar treatments. Best wishes Sheila Taylor-made Weddings UK Planning Made Easy Access our FREE 7 Reasons why guide here http://www.taylor-madeweddings.co.uk/#/wedding-tips/4566660518

• misslaura
    Beginner September 2012
    misslaura ·
    • Hide content

I am starting to feel nervous too! Specifically about walking up the aisle....and just generally for the day to go well...I hate that sick feeling Smiley sad so any tips also appreciated, esp from OMs!

• TheCakeNinja
    TheCakeNinja ·
    • Hide content

I would agree! Have taken this myself a few times over the years and for whatever reason it does work ?

• A
    Beginner September 2012
    amanda66 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya,

I don't know if there is any specific part that I'm nervous about but the excitment is starting to kick in now with 8 days to go squeeeeeeeee ?

I will buy some rescue remedy to help yay!

Theres been a few conversations today regarding final confirmations which is exciting and it's all starting to come together now.

Would be interested to hear from OM's as to if there nerves stayed on the big day.

good luck to all with upcoming weddings

xx

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

I love that everybody is suggesting herbal remedies and my first thought was... alcohol!!

When I was a bridesmaid for a friend last year, she wasn't nervous at all, but me and her sister were crapping ourselves about walking down the aisle. Now I'm not a huge fan of spirits but the other BM made me have a shot of Jack Daniels with her and My God, it worked! I could feel it calming me straight away and it took the edge off a little - I don't even usually like Jack Daniels but I think I'll be trying this again for my big day!

And now I look like an alcoholic Smiley smile xxx

• R
    Expert June 2024
    rachel2012 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ha ha my first thought is always alcohol also. My MOH swears by it and has given clear instructions to the ushers that one of them needs a hip flask with some whiskey in it to calm her nerves, she done it at her cousins wedding and said it worked a treat.

• A
    Beginner September 2012
    amanda66 ·
    • Hide content

OMG!! Why didn't I think of alcohol?

Maybe that's the answer but I am such a pathetic drinker and get drunk really quickly lol! x

• misslaura
    Beginner September 2012
    misslaura ·
    • Hide content

I am planning to have a nice, calming glass of champagne before I head to the church! But I might try these rescue remedies - to be honest I will take anything I can get, just need to get up the aisle without tripping/crying/having a bird poo on my dress before I get into the church (seriously, this is a REAL fear!)

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was actually hung over at the time too!! I'd gone to a "quiet" party the night before and not realised how much I'd drunk, so I was really scared the jack daniels wouldn't go down well... but it just really made me feel better!

When in doubt... turn to alcohol!! ? xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics