Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lapland2015
Beginner December 2015

Help please! Bridesmaid cover ups

Lapland2015, 5 of August of 2015 at 18:05 Posted on Planning 0 5

I have been driving myself crazy all day looking at bridesmaid wraps/stoles/boleros you name it I have googled it! We are getting married in an ice chapel so it will be around -5 inside. They have floor length dresses and now I am stumped looking for some sort of cover up for their arms as some are strapless. I live the photos of bridesmaids in bkue with white pashminas but I'm worried they will be too cold. I looked at the faux fur but they seem to cover even less of their arms so I think it will be even colder than a pashmina. I'm then considering knitted shawls but in white. I'm driving myself round in circles and most shawls etc seem to be from America but I would prefer British so if they are wrong I can send them back easier, please throw suggestions/links/ideas my way!

5 replies

Latest activity by Lapland2015, 6 of August of 2015 at 12:06
  • C
    Beginner
    Cece100 ·
    • Hide content

Have you thought about a cardigan as oppose to wraps?

I have seen these which I thought looked lovely:

it could be a possibility and with autumn fast approaching there could be a lot of options in the shops for cardigans which you may like the look of.

or a coat:

it may cover more of the dress than you want to but look lovely and warm.

• S
    Beginner December 2015
    SunnyPinkConfetti310 ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married on New Years Eve and my bridesmaids have got silver faux fur shrugs from Monsoon. They were £69 but I managed to get them when they were 25% off.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I found the blue shrugs you liked but also spotted some blue long sleeved ones. More of a jacket! But still in the blue feather.

add thermal strappy underneath pinned into place?

My jacket only has elbow length sleeves and I'm adding matching colour leather gloves.

• M
    Beginner September 2015
    MrsSDtobe ·
    • Hide content

Have you looked on etsy.com? I had a search for white knitted shawl and filtered to UK only, there were a lot of options ?

I found this uk based shop on there that seems to do loads: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/HandmadeLaremi?ref=l2-shop-info-name

They seem to do a range of knitted pashminas, boleros, shawls and wraps, not to mention a really cute knitted cape!

I have got most of my gifts and decorations from there ?

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

Not everybodies cup of tea and they would cover a lot of the dress but what about capes? My H2B's Mum got one for her wedding but didn't end up wearing it. Something like theseL

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you ladies for your suggestions it's really helpful hearing from others. I did like the capes but I'm in a cloak so I think it would be a bit much to have them in them also

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics