Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs-S-to-b
Beginner September 2011

HELP PLEASE - I AM IN A WEDDING PICKLE!!!

Mrs-S-to-b, 15 November, 2010 at 13:54 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi Girls,

Please could you help me any advice or any suggstions on this siutation would be grately received!

I am getting married next September in Italy (lake Como) and have 2 bridesmaids and 1 flower girl, 1 godson is ring beaer and the other little godson (of mine and my fiances) is Page Boy. Now the problem I have is that my H2B has 4 very close Cousins ranging from 6 - 18. Orignally it was said (not by me) that they could all be my bridesmaid however I have said that for an abroad wedding I cant have them all its too much.

Now the 6 year old is also our page boys (our godson too) older sister!! Now he is involved in wedding but the 6 year old girl is not! I feel terrible that she is not involved and ehr ltitle brother is but there has been a family arguement where if I were to include her and not the other cousins then I am totally out ofline leaving the other cousins out!

What do I do?? I would liek the little 6 year old to be involved I just dont want the other 3 (it sounds horrible I know) but without upsetting everyone I dont know how this is possible. How do you tell the 6 year old that she is not allowed to be involved but her little brother is. Now is there a 'job' that I can give her to do on the day that involves her in the wedding without having an official title??

I am sorry for rambling on - just a little stuck and not sure what to do!! I hope all the above makes sense! Thansk in advance for any help you can give us!

N xxxx

4 replies

Latest activity by Mrs-S-to-b, 16 November, 2010 at 11:45
  • (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

I wouldnt worry there cousins, its like they are your neices or nephews, have what you want, if you want the 6 yr then have her as a flower girl and explain to the older children why. Im sure they'll be fine.

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

Could you give her a little job like hold your flowers during the ceremony, hand out confetti to guests etc. Just a little something to make her feel important but something the others likely wont notice

• E
    Beginner August 2011
    emmaloulou80 ·
    • Hide content

It's so easy to be "steam rollered" into things for fear of upsetting people isn't it? I had a similar thing in that H2B's neice is a bridesmaid (she's 13) and her 8 year old brother didn't really have a role in the wedding. We felt a little bit bad, but had said all along that he was a bit old to be a page boy (I'd always pictured them as like 5 and under). Obviously he has heard us talking about the wedding, and his sister is excited about what her dress will be like etc etc, so we decided that he could have a suit which matched the rest of the mens, as it worked out we could get his free from the hire place. We thought this would make him feel involved - fine, fair enough. But, he is now page boy /ring bearer (!!!) and his Mum has now decided that he is going to carry the rings on a cushion (no offense if anyone is doing this, but I don't like the idea especially as he isn't a toddler)

Anyway, please speak up and have what you really want - I have now officially given up worrying about upsetting people...and am now dreading a nasty satin ring cushion being passed my way soon!!! Good luck!xx

• Mrs-S-to-b
    Beginner September 2011
    Mrs-S-to-b ·
    • Hide content

Thanks so much for your help Girlies I am pleased to hear (well you know wh\at I mean) that I am not alone in this problem. I liek that she can be with me to get ready etc. I have thorugh sod it just hinvolve her how I wish but my fiances family (especially the mother in law to be) is not impressed and is already very opinionated! I have raised my wish and it was frowned upon straight away!

I did think about having her just sprinkle some petals down the isle for me before I walk down ansd that can be the job but then she cant have the same dress as my flower girl as then she is 'classed as a flower girl and involed' and thought a purple dress that her mum was planning on getting her is really not going to go with the blue that our colour scheme is.

Then I thought maybe she can hold her brothers hand to walk down the isle (as the older sister might be nice) but then again the dress siutation strikes again! I relly just dont know. Whether to just say 'sod it' I dont htink I care! or what to do!!!

See my situation :-) xxxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics