Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Beginner October 2014

Help please ....photographer gone into liquidation.....too late for insurance?

getmetothechruchontime, 13 of April of 2014 at 14:22 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hello lovely brides and grooms

My photographer has gone into liquidiation so I need to find a new one who is available in Manchester on Halloween if anyone can recommend a company.

Also is it too late to get wedding insurance to protect the rest of the things I have already bought and still need to buy? I'm a little nervous now as you can imagine.

12 replies

Latest activity by Dewan Demmer Photography, 14 of April of 2014 at 19:21
  • Curlysuzie
    Beginner September 2014
    Curlysuzie ·
    • Hide content

Oh no! I hope you get sorted!

my wedding insurance will only cover things we have paid for after we took out the policy.... So the deposit we put down on the venue before we took out the policy isn't covered but everything else is xx

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

I think there are one or two photographers on here in that area but cant remember who it is but most of us travel? Have a look at my site if you want https://www.nevilleplanes.com/ and drop me an email if it is the style you like.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

You could try my friend Rob: robmartinphotos.co.uk

• lottie.f
    Beginner July 2014
    lottie.f ·
    • Hide content

Alison Bailey is our photography, she is based in Stockport. She is lovely and works alongside a couple of other photographers. She told us a story about how she got a call last summer from a bride whose photographer cancelled the day before, and she sorted out a replacement while she was on holiday because she felt sorry for the girl! Reasonably priced - i'd googled her and see what you think.

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Bad luck...although you do have time enough to find a replacement. Hopefully you have "only" lost your deposit and not more.....

Peter

Beginner March 2015
    *CrazyCatLady* ·
    • Hide content

My photographer is based in that area, her website is:

http://www.zen-photographic.co.uk/

She's very reasonably priced and includes an engagement shoot too!

Good luck xxx

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

As your wedding is in October and on a Friday you have a good chance of finding a replacement.

Was this the same photographer that you won a competition with for 50% off photography. It has been known for some to book very cheep packages and then find they could of booked something more expensive, and then not want to shoot the 50% one. It may be worth while to delve a little deeper into the "liquidation". I don't think they can go into liquidation unless they are a LTD reg company, if they have mearly packed it all in then you should be looking at getting your deposit back unless they are bankrupt.

I think you should dig a little deeper

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

What Bill says is worth a check out.....

• Sarah Ellen Bailey
    Sarah Ellen Bailey ·
    • Hide content

Yes, what Bill says... just in case! This is the third time this week that I've heard of a photographer dropping out for one reason or another. There must be something in the air at the moment?!

You've still got plenty of time to find a replacement through. You're very welcome to have a look through my site and drop me a line if you like what you find. All the best with it! Smiley smile

• L
    Laura Radford Photography ·
    • Hide content

I agree, most photographers do travel. I drove to Bristol on Saturday and Milton Keynes on Sunday! Sorry to hear you're being dragged into all of this. I think with being october you can find photographers with availability....talking of which.... Smiley winking x

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

You've lots of really helpful replies about the photographer now so hopefully you can find someone.

For insurance - you can't apply retrospectively, ie they won't cover this photographer, but you can apply and it would still cover everything else you've already put deposits on etc. For what it costs - I'm glad we've got it.

• Dewan Demmer Photography
    Dewan Demmer Photography ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What terrible luck. Fortunately you do still have time to find a replacement photographer.

You are can have a look through my site and drop me a line if you like what you see.

I hope everything sorts itself out.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics