Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner August 2016

HELP!!! please wedding abroad advice :)

lulu87, 6 of August of 2014 at 18:18 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 8

Hey I've not posted before so here goes,

me and the fella been discussing weddings for a while now been together 8 years and have in mind a wedding for our 10 years together Smiley smile so gives me 2 years which is worrying Smiley smile

I know what I want but can not think of a destination and that's where I need the help, if you can that be great Smiley smile

so I have in mind,

1. Somewhere on the beach

2. Relaxed place, great for kids too, somewhere fun as thinking of spending 2 weeks there

3. not too expensive as we want the wedding in August and height of the season need the destination be a decent price so guests will come

4. for the reception want BBQ on the beach, have a bohemian theme in mind too

well that's all I got so far so anything will be great Smiley smile thanks for reading

8 replies

Latest activity by SeaCol110409, 19 of February of 2015 at 23:57
  • M
    Beginner July 2015
    MsSummers ·
    • Hide content

Have you thought of Tenerife?

• E
    edc- ·
    • Hide content

Hi Lulu,

We recently got married in Calabria Italy and it was amazing!!!

Easy to get to direct flights Stansted to Lamezia with Ryanair, accommodation for our guests was very reasonable, the weather was amazing in July and the food to die for, I would definitely recommend it!!!

We did exactly what you said a BBQ/white party the night before on the beach followed by an amazing cliff top wedding the following day - we had the most amazing time and all our friends keep talking about it saying it was the best wedding yet. The professional pics are yet to come but a friend took a few shots of the venue (see attached). It is a beautiful part of Italy and it was a lot cheaper that getting married in the UK and in essence we had 2 events the White Party and the Wedding for the less than teh cost of an average wedding in the UK.

this is the place www.ilfaro-wedding.com

I hope that is helpful Smiley smile

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

How about Greece or Santorini? They are both popular destinations l have heard good things about

• G
    Beginner July 2012
    georgia_s ·
    • Hide content

Hello!

We got married in Greece in July 2012 in a small village in Northern Greece for sentimental reasons (family origin). We use a wedding planner, Marina Charitopoulou at Concept Events Planning (www.concept-events.gr) and she was a great help. We had a large number of guests (350!) so we realized that our options were limited by that (space restrictions and/or to menu cost per person).

We checked locations in Chalkidiki, again in Northern Greece, an hour drive from Thessaloniki - the second-largest city in Greece - by car. It has nice locations for a beach wedding with decent prices, nice food and some of the best beaches in the country with a great view to the Aegean Sea. Check out Afytos village. You can find low cost direct flights to Thessaloniki [Macedonia International Airport (SKG)] from other European airports and Aegean Airlines has regular flights from Athens.

You’ll get better deals end of July, beginning of August. The sooner you decide on a date and a location the better for you and your guests. They can book a low cost flight and get a better deal on hotels as well.

In any case, no matter which place you choose, I would advise you to get in touch with a local wedding planner. Give the all the available information from your part so that they can find the right options. Oh, and let them know your budget from the beginning ever roughly. If you cannot afford a 50 Euros meal per person there is no point in checking out places that offer that. You'll save time from checking out options you cannot afford at the end. It made our wedding planning experience easier. Smiley smile

Good luck with everything!

G.

• S
    Beginner July 2016
    SallyADenton ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

How about Turkey? We are getting married there in August 2016 in an all inclusive resort which is perfect for all our guests. Lots to do and all meals/drinks paid for! The wedding is additional but not too expensive and you can have as many extras as your budget allows. The hotel we have chosen has a restaurant and pier right on the beach which we will be using and bbq facilities if we want them.

Good luck in your search!

x

• G
    Beginner May 2015
    Gismo ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married in egypt in may! well we are having the formalities here and the ceremony and blessing over there but lovely with it being so small and intimate

• S
    Beginner May 2016
    Sparty ·
    • Hide content

I've just booked to get married in Italy! So excited but terrified at the same time. We have gone for a ceremony in San Francesco Cloisters (which is the town hall in Sorrento) followed by a reception in a lemon garden.

We have gone with Ionian Weddings and they offer lots of packages for Greece (inc the islands), Italy, Malta and Cyprus. The packages include a lot so worth a browse on their website.

Another place we considered was Gibraltar for it's tax free benefits! ;o)

• Rachael Pereira Photography
    Rachael Pereira Photography ·
    • Hide content

Cyprus is a popular place for destination weddings with lots of different styles of venues available.

• S
    Beginner September 2016
    SeaCol110409 ·
    • Hide content

We was looking at the same but are also scared not sure where to start any advice?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics