Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner December 2012

Help please...Wedding favour wording

mrsKem2be, 26 November, 2012 at 11:07 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi this is my first post

We are getting married on sunday (eek!) and we have cystic fibrosis pin badges as favours for our guest. My daughter has cystic fibrosis so its a cause very close to our and our guests hearts Smiley smile we are planning to pin the badges to a piece of card but cant think of what to put of the cards. Can anyone suggest anything we could put on them?

Thanks

5 replies

Latest activity by mrsKem2be, 26 November, 2012 at 23:17
  • kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Personally I'd stick to something simple such as 'Thank you for joining us on our wedding day'.

Some people can be a bit funny about 'we've donated on your behalf' as they don't like their charity donations chosen for them (if you see what I mean).

It's a nice gesture and everyone will be aware what it's for so I think a nice message of 'thanks for joining us' would do the job.

• cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content

We put, In honour of our wedding a donation has been made to Cancer Research.

• *Eclair*
    Beginner August 2012
    *Eclair* ·
    • Hide content

I like cookiekat's wording and agree with Kharv that you shouldn't say anything about having donated on their behalf. Presumably the majority, if not all your guests will know about your daughter anyway so the pins should be pretty self explanatory.

• M
    Beginner December 2012
    mrsKem2be ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone Smiley smile yes we want to avoid telling people we made a donation on their behalf. We had the badges made especially for the wedding as none of the cystic fibrosis charities do anything for wedding favours other than wrist bands and we wanted something lovely that our guest could wear after the day. We have a rose theme for our wedding and the theme for cystic fibrosis is '65 roses so it all tied in really well Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner December 2012
    mrsKem2be ·
    • Hide content

We've come up with this:

With much thought and consideration,
    we have chosen a special way
    to say "Thank You" for sharing
    our wedding day with us.

We had these beautiful pin badges made for a cause very close to our hearts.

We hope you love them as much as we do and wear them long after this day is over.

Does that sound ok?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics