Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

CharleeA
Beginner April 2013

help pls - Ive changed my mind

CharleeA, 22 February, 2012 at 13:09 Posted on Planning 0 12

I picked out a dress at Berketex brides last week and at work today one of the nurses has picked the exact same dress too!

Im gutted but Im also annoyed with myself as I tried on another dress that I LOVED but i stupidly picked this one due to everyhone saying how nice it was.

Ive paid £200 deposit for this dress, but do you think they will let me transfer it to another dress? Im not getting married until next April. I cant see any information or anything in the terms of agreement etc.

Anyone know anything or experienced this? Im upset know that I wont be able to change and will have a dress Im not 100% happy with xx

12 replies

Latest activity by Saisi, 22 February, 2012 at 16:24
  • L
    Beginner July 2014
    lucy_x ·
    • Hide content

I haven't brought my dress yet so don't really know but i bet they would let you change as long as its the same shop and haven't altered the dress or anything x

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

You can ask, but be prepared for them to say no.

• V
    Beginner April 2013
    Vintage84 ·
    • Hide content

Always ask, and as quickly as possible. It may be that they haven't ordered it yet, in which case it would be easy to transfer the deposit to another dress. If they've already ordered it then it could be tricky.

I'm going to five weddings this year and part of me doesn't want to buy my own dress until I've been to all those weddings so I know I'm not going to have the same dress as one of those brides!!

• looneysh
    Beginner May 2012
    looneysh ·
    • Hide content

You shouldn't have any problems....

I bought my dress from Berketex Brides too back in Sept 2010, I then changed my Wedding plans to get married abroad. I wrote to them to ask if I could change the dress, and they confirmed I could. In the end I decided not to change my dress though as I loved it too much.

Here is their contact details, which I googled:

Berketex Bride Head Office Bridal House, Springfield Business Park, Springfield Road, Grantham, NG31 7BG
    Phone: **** 311

Hope everything works out x

• HLT
    Beginner August 2012
    HLT ·
    • Hide content

Talk to them. It really depends where you bought it from, but I got some of my deposit back this week after a change of heart. That said, it was from a dress agency so possibly more flexible than a shop.

• F
    Beginner November 2012
    fryer83 ·
    • Hide content

As long as they haven't ordered that particular dress for you already then you should be able to transfer it to a different dress.

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I think you need to get round there asap and ask, I'm sure it can't be that unusual

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

I hope you can change, but are you basing your decision purely on what another bride is doing? Would it matter that much, i.e. are both your weddings close, will you deifnitely have her at yours and vice versa? Before you change think about why you chose that dress over the other one in the first place. If the nurse wasn't having the same dress would you still be unhappy with your original purchase?

• T
    Tricialen ·
    • Hide content

I wrote to them to ask if I could change the dress, and they confirmed I could. In the end I decided not to change my dress though as I loved it too much.

• D
    Beginner May 2012
    dlees81 ·
    • Hide content

What pandorasbox said

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exactly this.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇