Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner November 2012

Help - Searching for inner envelopes

TCWhite, 19 June, 2012 at 21:24 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi,

We have our invites and have C5 size envelopes too.

However, we've now decided we want to have inner envelopes to actually put the invite in.

I can find double sets (i.e C5 plus a very slighter smaller envelope to fit inside) - but I can't find anywhere online to buy just the inner envelopes as we already have the C5.

Anyone know of a place that sells inner envelopes?

Thank you

6 replies

Latest activity by Fireflies, 20 June, 2012 at 14:54
  • Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

What size "inner" envelope do you need?

I am confused as to why you would need 2 envelopes... ?

Oh, and welcome to Hitched!

• T
    Beginner November 2012
    TCWhite ·
    • Hide content

Sorry, I should have explained!

Our invites are A5, which fit in a standard C5 envelope (with around 1 centimetre spare)

What I'm looking for is an inner envelope which will actually contain invite - this will then go in the C5 envelope (if that makes sense!)

Outer/Inner wedding envelopes can be bought as sets - but what I need is just the inner envelopes to fit inside a C5 envelope.

Appreciate any help in trying to find them!

• LeedsBride
    Beginner September 2012
    LeedsBride ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried eBay? PDA card and craft also do different sized envelopes ?

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

Craftsite.co.uk do lots of envelopes.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

So you have A5 invites in a C5 envelope.

Still not sure why you need another envelope, but try PDA card and craft.

• T
    Beginner November 2012
    TCWhite ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone - thanks for your tips. We want an inner envelope to further protect the invite/put the names of those invited more clearly on (without the address).

In the end, found an envelope that fits inside a C5, and still fits an A5 invite in:

http://www.rainbowenvelopes.co.uk/white-pastel-gummed-g4-152-mm-x-216-mm-envelope.html?category_id=64

thank you

• Fireflies
    Beginner June 2013
    Fireflies ·
    • Hide content

I think traditionally all wedding invitations used to have outer and inner envelopes, but nowadays people don't bother as much with the inner envelope - but to make it clearer to those asking why you would need them, I'm guessing (may well be wrong!) that what OP means is their invitation does not have names on, but just says 'you are invited to... etc...' so there is no place to write the names on the actual invitation, so the outside envelope would say "Mr & Mrs Smith, 8 Joe Bloggs Road... etc" and the inner envelope would then say "Mrs Katy Smith, Mr John Smith, Miss Lucy Smith and Mr George Smith" for example, so you would know who the actual invitation was addressed to

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics