Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner August 2025 Kerry

Help! Sophia Tolli sizing question

Niamh, 16 of January of 2024 at 21:42 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 4

Hello there,

I have fallen in love with the Sophia Tolli Kennedy dress and had tried it on in a boutique here locally. I happened to be browsing online and found that's it's being sold on a 'bride to bride' type website. Brand new with tags and unaltered for 50% of the boutique price - Score!

Here's where the issue comes in..I got so confused between US and UK sizing that I'm not sure if the dress would fit me as I know there's highstreet and bridal sizes. I'm done the maths and the worst case scenario is that it may be 2 sizes smaller than I am currently, but I am on a weight loss plan so all hope isn't lost.

I was wearing the ST size UK26 in the boutique (equvelant to a UK22 highstreet) but the dress for sale I believe is equivalent to a UK20 (high street)

The dress for sale in the US is a US size 20 (ST sizing)

If you had wore Kennedy or a similar Sophia Tolli style would you mind sharing your ST dress size and your high street size so I could understand the difference?

I note online it varies so much. Some styles are the same as high street, some vary massively. I can't try this second hand dress on as it's in New Jersey USA.

Thank you!!

4 replies

Latest activity by Ashleigh, 4 of February of 2024 at 07:46
  • V
    Wiltshire
    Vickie ·
    • Hide content

If you do a Google Search for 'Sophia Tolli size chart', you will get the designer's measurements and all you have to do is measure yourself against the size chart to see if the dress will fit you.

• N
    Beginner August 2025 Kerry
    Niamh ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Vickie, thanks for your reply. I've already done this (twice) but the guide is for all the dress styles and the Kennedy wouldn't fit the same way a fitted style would so the guide is simply a guide and not gospel.

Not to worry I'll sort it out. Thank you!

• V
    Wiltshire
    Vickie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Niamh, I worked as a bridal consultant for 6 years, the size chart is what you need to go by, the designer doesn't use a separate size chart for each dress. Just use the bust and waist measurements and don't worry about the hip measurements unless your hips are out of proportion and 3 or more sizes bigger than your waist.

• A
    Beginner December 2025 Hertfordshire
    Ashleigh ·
    • Hide content
    Hi, I tried on a fit and flare style Sophia Tolli dress this week, the boutique are ordering me a size 18 dress but I’m a size 14 high street. Hope this helps x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics