Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner September 2013

Help! Spot on chin 3 days before wedding - advice badly needed!!

kat739, 10 of September of 2013 at 07:42 Posted on Planning 0 20

So the worst has happened! I've been following a really strict beauty regime of daily cleanse toning, exfoliating, night cream day cream- you name it I've been doing it!! But Sunday morning a small pimple on my chin appeared and this morning it has developed into a very angry red spot which make up simply will not cover.

what can I do to control this? I was applying clean and clear spot treatment just read this morning that there is alcohol in the ingredients - surely this isn't a good thing?? Any tried and tested remedies would be greatly appreciated! And any suggestions of things that I can focus on eating over the next couple of days to get it down by Friday???

or do I just bite the bullet and try and squeeze it??

Help me please!

20 replies

Latest activity by SevenYears, 10 of September of 2013 at 18:46
  • overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Try some Boots Antihistamine cream - just a small amount will reduce the swelling. I swear by it for those angry looking things that crop up overnight. Another thing I've heard of which takes the bump out is Preparation H cream - sounds gross but apparently it works!

• H
    Beginner May 2014
    Helybel ·
    • Hide content

Blooming skin problems, my life story! I have clear skin now but occasionally get one pop up like you. If it's got a white head I normally squeeze it, then gently cleanse round it afterwards. If it hasn't got a head, try toothpaste on it. It dries it out without peeling the skin like alcohol can. I swear by neutrogena visibly clear 2in1 wash/mask. Its thick white gloopy stuff, you can smear it on as a mask or foam it up with warm water for a facewash and it's fab stuff and may be worth trying to help it clear in the next couple of days

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

Sudocreme, every time. It works like a treat. Also, don't whatever you do squeeze it. It's much easier to cover a red bump with makeup than it is to cover a crusty weeping wound on your face.

• H
    Beginner May 2014
    Helybel ·
    • Hide content

Hmm yes it can go crusty, just make them go quicker. But poss would backtrack on the squeezing for that very valid reason. Toothpaste is still good, and that facewash definitely is. Sudacreme have never tried, interesting....

• *Mrs M to be*
    Beginner August 2014
    *Mrs M to be* ·
    • Hide content

That's just sods law isn't it! I swear this will happen to me.

I'm not too familiar with all the different creams and things you can get, I'm sure there's something good out there.

I think the best thing is to try not to touch it, fiddle with it. I'm dreadful for that! I've got to say though, if it had a white head on it I would squeeze it, just carefully so you don't damage the skin too much. Then I usually wash my face and just dab a little bit of savlon on it every now and then. If it's just red and angry without a head don't squeeze it.

And it might be painful but I'd try not to put any make up, concealer on it for the next couple of days. And drink lots of water!

I reckon you'll be ok, with 3 days still to go

• G
    Beginner June 2014
    Grumps ·
    • Hide content

Another vote for toothpaste here!

• K
    Beginner September 2013
    kat739 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you everyone so far for suggestions. So I am now sat at my desk at work with a blob of toothpaste on my chin getting some very funny looks! I am also glugging lots of green tea hoping that helps too Smiley smile

Fingers crossed it does the job!!

• Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This!! Swear by it.

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

Sudocreme and a good photographer.

I had a bride with a cold sore that appeared on the day but didn't appear in any photos. If it's still there on the day have a word with the tog.

• F
    Beginner February 2014
    Follies123 ·
    • Hide content

Another sudacrem girl here!

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This! My friend swears by sudocrem. She says to put some on it in the evening and cover with a plaster and by the next morning it's so much better.

Good luck!

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Miss B 2 be Mrs H ·
    • Hide content

Another vote for sudocrem here! Don't squeeze it!

Or toothpaste or Tea tree oil! Hop it works out ok! x

• Andy_Magicman
    Andy_Magicman ·
    • Hide content

Smother it in Sudocreme........You won't believe how much better it is in the morning. Do not squeeze it.......EVER!

• Maldives2013
    Beginner December 2013
    Maldives2013 ·
    • Hide content

I vote Sudocream - i get really bad painful spots on one side of my face every month, it is a running joke and always use it on them over night and they look much better in the morning. If I had one with a head though i would say pop it and then really cleanse around it afterwards and then put more sudocream on it!

Godd luck x

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

Don't squeeze! A beauty therapist recently told me that if you cleanse the area well, then take a sterilised pin and use it to pop the head (just once) that is the cleanest way to "squeeze" without actually squeezing it. Then you smother it in Savlon or another some antiseptic cream. I've done this a few times and it's worked really well because the antiseptic draws out the infection. But, one time I did it the infection didn't all come out so I still had a spot a few days later!

It's probably best to just use a good cream or something but if you're desperate to break the skin then use the pin instead of your fingers as it does a lot less damage!

• BrideCummins14
    Beginner April 2014
    BrideCummins14 ·
    • Hide content

Sudocream again!

• adgabe
    adgabe ·
    • Hide content

Don't stress too much... Might bring on more spots. If your photographer is editing your images, a spot on the chin is removable in seconds!

I once had a bride whom, during the engagement session, had the most spotless, beautiful, skin. On the day of the wedding, she had such a bad all-over outbreak (stress related) that she had barely any skin without pimples. I was able to remove them during the photo editing process. So, the invention of Photoshop has made spot worries (on photos) no longer necessary for brides!

Of course, that is just photo-related... I am sure your make-up artist should be able to apply a concealer to anything still showing after you have used Sudocream, as advised by all, for the next few days ?

Andrea de Gabriel

• Cat In A Teacup
    Beginner August 2015
    Cat In A Teacup ·
    • Hide content

If you don't have a MUA for the day then I can highly recommend the bareminerals blemish powder. It's about £15 but I swear by it for covering up redness.

• Mrspetal
    Beginner February 2014
    Mrspetal ·
    • Hide content

Don't touch it. Ban your hands from your face! Hope it clears quick!

• SevenYears
    Beginner August 2016
    SevenYears ·
    • Hide content

Yet another vote for toothpaste from me!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics