Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

O
Beginner August 2013

Help to find wedding ring to fit engagement ring

okikokikate, 21 November, 2012 at 20:52 Posted on Planning 0 15

(picture deleted)

It's a round diamond, but it's set in a square.

I tried on a d shaped rolled edge band left a massive gap between the two.

Please help me find a type of ring that wont leave a big gap xxx

15 replies

Latest activity by *gnashers*, 25 November, 2012 at 08:37
  • Selenalee69
    Beginner April 2013
    Selenalee69 ·
    • Hide content

You can get shaped wedding bands...there are a few diamond set ones in H.Samuel that are quite pretty- I am having the same problem as I have a solitaire as well but didn't want to order my ring from the same place as I got my engagement ring-now I am also hunting for something to fit !

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

Try Alba Rose online (they also have a shop in Essex, which I've been to).

Lovely shop, good prices and there's a lot of choice on there too

• *Eclair*
    Beginner August 2012
    *Eclair* ·
    • Hide content

I think it's just a case of going into places and trying some on to see what looks right. Once you know what style you want you can then shop around for ones you really like within your budget.

My engagement ring is a round diamond in a hexagon and I just have a plain band. The diamond sits over the top of it when they push together. I personally am not a fan of shaped wedding rings if they are the type where a shape is just cut out of the band. Are you going to be taking your ER off for work etc? If you are you might want to think about how the WR ring looks on its own.

• Kriek
    Beginner December 2012
    Kriek ·
    • Hide content

It's not everyone's cup of tea but I have a twisted WR. My ER has three diamonds but the centre one is in a square setting, didn't look quite right with a plain band but it sits really well with the twisted shape. Lots of jewellers do this style of ring and you can get them with or without the side stones.

• SarahW73
    Beginner September 2013
    SarahW73 ·
    • Hide content

Try & find a bespoke service. You could have a ring made to fit the shape of your ER exactly! I was going to do that but the jeweller actually had a design that fit with my ER nicely so I went for that! There are loads like this in the shops too hun. Good luck x

• M
    Beginner August 2013
    maddychamonix ·
    • Hide content

I have a similar problem, my ring is an ortak design with lots of Celtic swirls! But I found a perfect wedding ring which fits around the diamond and doesn't leave a gap:

It looks much better in real life than it does on here! But it's a good design to go for:

http://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/waa1439/9ct-white-gold-diamond-wedding-ring

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

Companies such as Smooch and Bliss Rings come out to your house with hundreds of samples for you to try on, and they will recommend whats best to go with it. They will also make you a bespoke one, or shave into a ring so they can fit exactly side by side. I have a gap between my ER & WR and they said they could shave the underside of my ER down, but the thought of shaving down platinum turned my stomach - I just live with the gap! lol!

Twisted rings look really good with solitaires, a twisted ring was my second choice as it sits right up against it. Think I'll get a twisted eternity ring when the time is right ?

• O
    Beginner August 2013
    okikokikate ·
    • Hide content

I will use your ideas to help with my search.

I am planning to wear my wr and eg so need them to fit together really.

on a vv strict budget unfortunately so think custom made is outta the question :-(

• unexpectedpenny
    Beginner January 2013
    unexpectedpenny ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

As Kirsty said try Albarose.com

i had mine custom made from there and it was so so much cheaper than I thought it would be! You'll be surprised at what they can do for you if you ask.

• SarahW73
    Beginner September 2013
    SarahW73 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This! I didn't think I'd be able to afford it either but that ring was only £10 more than the one I was eyeing up in H Samuel!

• O
    Beginner August 2013
    okikokikate ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone,
    Will have a look into custom ones then if they aren't as dear as I thought.

Got £200ish budget x

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

picked up my ring from alba rose today.

Custom made to be exactly the same as my ER (in platinum) for £211

• goldpants
    Beginner May 2014
    goldpants ·
    • Hide content

Wow ats an amazing price! and a lush ring! me and oh have budgeted £500 for ours but hoping a trip to alba rose will bring us right under budget! especially as the oh really isnt fussed about it. thanks for the tip Smiley smile more money for the dress budget haha! Smiley winking xxx

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OH got a palladium 4mm court ring for £170. They were ready in a week.

• O
    Beginner August 2013
    okikokikate ·
    • Hide content

Is that a normal band with a bit cut out for the er?
    thats just what i want, its gorgeous!!!

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

It doesn't have a bit cut out for the ER, but it was made to a specific depth so it sits under the stone and flush to the band of my ER.

from what I gather they don't charge too much more for custom made, they charge for the weight of the metal and then obviously a cost for labour etc

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics