Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner August 2017

Help! Torn between 2 venues!

LuxuriousRedCars610, 14 of June of 2016 at 13:59 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi,

I am so stuck right now between Birtsmorton Court near Worcester and Ardington House near Oxford.

Let me list my pros and cons for each and hopefully I can get some opinions on here!

Birtsmorton Pros - White Garden ceremony is my dream ceremony space, amazing terrace/moat for drinks, Better food, can bring own alcohol, works out £1500 cheaper, can have fireworks,

Birtsmorton cons - if it rains and we have to have ceremony inside, then getting this venue was pointless as the inside is not great so will have thrown a lot of money away on a basic indoors venue we could have paid much less for, further distance, bar area has random car posters which I don't like, night reception room quite thin and small,

Ardington Pros - Lovely building, great lawn, lovely temple on island to get married in, bride can arrive by boat, marquee is much much better, inside space to get married in is lovely (dual sweeping staircases etc)

Ardinton Cons - £1500 more expensive, no fireworks, seem a bit inflexible, bad carpet in marquee, outdoor space is not as beautiful, have to pay for food tasting

Any opinions would be amazing, we have to decide tomorrow!

Thanks

7 replies

Latest activity by LuxuriousRedCars610, 15 of June of 2016 at 16:21
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I would go with the second one and arrive by boat!! Marry in the temple on the island lol. foregoing fireworks helps with extra cost. I think if you go with the first option and need an indoor wedding you won't be happy with it.

• katieJ2b
    Beginner October 2016
    katieJ2b ·
    • Hide content

I agree, the second one sounds amazing!! Not many people can say that they arrived by boat for their wedding!! I'm so jealous thinking about it! As for the carpet, no one will even notice once the tables and chairs are all in and it's filled with people.

If you go for the first one and it rains not only will you be disappointed with an indoor venue you'll also have paid for fireworks that would end up being a let down if they are wet and can't be let off.

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

Both sound amazing but I think I'd go with the second venue. :-)

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

Tough one!

What time of year is your wedding, i.e. statistically is the weather likely to be good?

I agree with the comment above that no one will notice the marquee carpet, & arriving by boat sounds awesome! I know that outdoor space for photos is very important (it was pretty much what our venue choice was made on!), but the time spent outside might be minimal in bad weather.

I'm off to google them both now!

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

OMG I've just googled them both - no wonder you're confused! They're both amazing. I think judging by the website I'd go for the first one, but not for practical reasons - it looks amazing! I quite like the indoor space there too.

• L
    Beginner August 2017
    LuxuriousRedCars610 ·
    • Hide content

Haha thanks so much to everyone who replied to this post...we decided to go with ardington...head over heart in some ways, but we both feel it is the right one to go for...so now we have decided and booked, the real fun of planning the thing can start!

Xx

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

Yay! Exciting times ahead! Smiley smile How long have you got?

• L
    Beginner August 2017
    LuxuriousRedCars610 ·
    • Hide content

July 2017...i have really only just started planning but i love it! Magazines, wedding programmes on the tv, websites, all of it is so much fun!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics