Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner August 2012

Help, we dont want bored guests!

steph_mambo, 3 October, 2010 at 18:14 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi all,

please can you give us some ideas for entertaining our wedding guests? weve been to a few weddings where the majority of guests stand around for ages getting bored and we dont want that for our guests!please can you recommend some ideas to keep people entertained (the cheaper the better- we're on a budget, hehe!)

thanks so much! xxx

4 replies

Latest activity by JonCraven, 4 October, 2010 at 14:17
  • tinks269
    Beginner February 2011
    tinks269 ·
    • Hide content

A quiz all about the two of you. A photo wall for guests to use with fancy dress box. You could have large Jenga/ connect 4 if you have an outdoor area. What theme are you having as that may help to think of some.

• Josiep00
    Beginner December 2010
    Josiep00 ·
    • Hide content

I'm purchasing some big cardboard cut outs of celebs (film characters) we like so people can pose with them. OH doesn't know this though ?

• Snow Patroller
    Snow Patroller ·
    • Hide content

I think if you get your timings right with your venue and your Tog, no guest ever need be bored tbh! I don't understand weddings where heaps of entertainment is laid on - guests are there to celebrate your day, not be entertained! its nae butlins! lol!

Seriously tho' - unless you have the budget, I'd just think carefully about your timings - thats what it all comes down to...

We had a comedian chappie who also did a few tricks, went down a treat but that was at the end of the meal prior to the evening do, not to fill time during the day, and thats cos we got our timings right. We also didn't go off and have heaps of photos done on our own which did make a difference...

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

All of the weddings I've been at have included some time where it does drag on a little bit before the meal but tbh I think that is envitable with weddings and guests don't mind being able to chat amongst themselves so I don't think entertainment is needed.

I thought and thought about my own timings extremely carefully and they still didn't go spot on as things like the flowergirl needing to be persuaded to walk down the aisle which took a bit of time and then made the ceremony a bit late, the photographer wanting to get a few extra pictures in, guests disappearing just at the moment you want a group photo etc. That's just want happens when you have 100 ish guests.

I was eating my own words after the wedding as I promised myself nothing would be delayed, nothing AT ALL, but you can't plan everything to the exact minute and time just runs away at times especially when it's the only day you can get photographs taken and you don't want to miss out on any.

I've spoken to so many of my customers who have said the same thing about timings going a little bit off so I wouldn't worry about it and just go with the flow.

I do like the idea of games (I'm a big kid inside though) instead of proper entertainment because some things can be a bit corny but that's just a personal thing.

• JonCraven
    JonCraven ·
    • Hide content

Hi there...

One good thing that always works well are Magicians. I know a few that do both childrens magic and adult magic, so these can quite easily break up the lul between Wedding Breakfast and Evening Reception.

Also, I've seen Best-Men do some cracking "Pub-Quiz" style hours... Obviously the questions are all based ont he Bride and Groom and always create a bit of a laugh!

Hope that helps!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics