Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner September 2015

HELP! Wedding Venue for Tipi Tent

lauraandeddie, 8 of June of 2014 at 09:10 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi all

Hoping someone will be able to provide some ideas for a Wedding Venue where we can hold a Tipi Tent style Wedding.

We will be looking at doing the Wedding fully self catered e.g. provide our own food and drink. We are looking at non traditional and will be going for a rustic feel.

We are looking for Land/Farm land/Venue with land/A massive backyard (if we have to), ideally within Leicestershire/Northamptonshire, but we are open to suggestions, BUDGET IS KEY, as we are looking at £5-£8K all inc. As we are currently backpacking around the world it has been hard to try and organise.

Open to any suggestions and appreciate your help

Laura and Eddie

9 replies

Latest activity by DaffodilWaves, 9 of June of 2014 at 12:17
  • Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Im sorry I cant think of anywhere in Leicester im afraid but I did have a tipi wedding in Leicester, the thing is that Mum and Dads house backed onto a field used for grazing and they knew the land owner, the church was also next door, so Mum and dads was a good base to work from were all the food prep was handled and I think they also had caterers in also and then a hog roast came for the evening. I fear that unless you know someone with land it could prove tricky. Here is what their wedding looked like I hope that it gives you some inspiration and ideas for your plans.

Tipi or home marquee weddings do not tend to be any cheaper than just having it all at a hotel venue when you consider if you may have to hire chairs crockery, loos, you will need good access and also have to think about security, but having said all of that you will be free to completely put your own stamp on things. I don't want to put you off but just maybe there are a few extra things that you may not of thought of although if you can get yourself around the world im sure this will be easy for you

• L
    Beginner September 2015
    lauraandeddie ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your response. Yeah we have considered that the venue will be the main expense of the Wedding, especially if it is a Tipi. Rough quotes have been for around £3-£4K including dance floor, fire pit, tables and chairs etc. So it is just finding that plot of land as you have stated above. We have asked a few people we know to see if we can get anything at a reasonable price if not free (in a perfect world). We are currently in Hoi An, Vietnam and looking at tailors here to do suits ($70 USD). Not bad.

Surely the Midlands has some land available for this type of thing. All has to be who you know I guess.

Cheers again

• D
    Beginner August 2014
    Deb11 ·
    • Hide content

A quick google threw up this list - any use?

http://www.pearlmarquees.com/marquee-venues-leicestershire/

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Maybe not ideal, but if you're planning for a wedding in non-term time over summer it might be worth getting in touch with the University of Leicester.

There are large, pretty scenic areas of land which are part of the student village over in Oadby- which in itself is beautiful (former UoL student, can you tell ? )

Just one quick pic from GMS

I know they also rent the rooms out over summer, and have an on site licences bar so that might be helpful if you'll be needing a bar and accommodation for guests? There's also a fully equipped kitchen used to catering for hundreds of students, so that shouldn't be a problem either.

Transport links are good with buses right outside going into town and the train station is local. Ample on and off street parking too.

I can't say for sure if it's something they'd be open to, but there's plenty of space and they're used to holding large events with the student balls at Christmas, Easter and Summer.

There's an awesome guy called Geoff Amos who is also a master of pretty much everything who lives near enough on site. He'd be a great help I'm sure and I can pass along his details for you if it's something you're interested in ?

We're also planning our own tipi wedding for next year so if there's anything I can help with in that respect give me a shout.

Good luck, hope you manage to find somewhere perfect!

• L
    Beginner September 2015
    lauraandeddie ·
    • Hide content

Hi Deb11

Thanks for your response.

Have looked at most of those venues. We are waiting for a response in regards to the Cedar Tree land. The Foxlands Farm is also one that we look at. In a perfect world we would be hoping to find just a private owner of Land/farm land who is willing to rent at a small price if not free (yeah right), but you never know.

The search goes on.

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry if you already know this, it's just not clear from your post, you do know you won't be able to get married there? It can't be for your actual ceremony as it won't be licensed. Sorry if you knew that xx

• Suzie88
    Beginner August 2014
    Suzie88 ·
    • Hide content

I worked a tipi wedding at Nosely Hall in Leics, but I have a feeling that they no longer do weddings there. Maverick we're the people who co-ordinated it all, and they have a few venues (including the one we are getting married in)

My only memory of it was it looked awesome, but it was a nightmare to serve as there are poles at odd angles everywhere just waiting to trip you up!! Also, if you have a tipi, think about HOW you seat your guests. Because the walls slope in, when we were serving we had to walk around the edge and basically lean over any guests that were seated near the edge of the tent. (I've probably not explained it very well) but it was so awkward for us, and the guests!

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Photos here if you need to see inside tipi

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

There's a company called "Fields for venues" that offer sites for weddings. I think they may be based more up north though.

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

If you email Elite tents, they will let you know where they can erect their tents around the midlands.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics