Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner September 2016

HELP - Wedding Venue needed for own marquee and caterers

paigechaslam, 26 of August of 2015 at 13:31 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi!

I am looking for a venue that will allow me to use my own marquee and caterers! I am finding this so hard and cannot find anywhere.

I am based in essex but am willing to travel about 2 hours max, i want a pretty setting obviously but does anyone know of land to hire or venues that will allow what i want?

Any help would be great!

9 replies

Latest activity by YellowDiamond, 26 of October of 2015 at 14:34
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Not sure but google festival brides.co.uk

it looks a pretty area next to a lake. I'm not sure if it's what you're after but might be worth a look. I just googled wedding fields for hire essex so may be other alternatives.

• artisanwedding.co.uk
    artisanwedding.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

Wow! I don't think you'll have any luck at all on that one I'm afraid!

I take it you're after a nice venue, plus the facility to put up the marquee and use your own caterers? Not just putting your marquee in a nice field?

Pete

• F
    Beginner June 2016
    FutureSamW ·
    • Hide content

I know a couple of venues in Essex, nr Clacton that already have marquees up but I'm pretty sure you can use your own catering.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I vaguely remember someone wanting this on another forum ages ago. They drove round pretty villages looking at cricket fields and even old peoples homes that had big grounds and they did find somewhere that way.

camping/glam ping sites are worth a ring.

the festival brides site looks lovely if it's in your budget.

what about local farms.

I would just ask everyone lol. They can only say no. Just don't forget toilet facilities lol.

• P
    Beginner September 2016
    paigechaslam ·
    • Hide content

I don't mind a nice field, I just want it to have something about it also rather than just a field if that makes sense!

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Well if festival brides in in your budget it looks gorgeous. Check it out. Lake. Blue bells. Trees. Very pretty.

• L
    Beginner July 2016
    Little_MrsA2B ·
    • Hide content

Have you looked at village halls? Some near me have very pretty grounds you could put a marquee on.

• kelsielowphotography
    kelsielowphotography ·
    • Hide content

I know it wouldn't be your own marquee but Romeo Marquees just outside of Clacton in Great Oakley is really lovely with stunning surroundings and they may allow you to use your own caterers Smiley smile http://www.romeomarquees.co.uk

• B
    Beginner February 2016
    BearFeb2016 ·
    • Hide content

Depends on where you are in Essex, but there is a place in Kent near to Tunbridge Wells called Chaford Park that I believeyou can kind of do what you want with. http://chaffordpark.co.uk/weddings-at-chafford-park/ We were going to look at it, but by the time our appointment came round we had already selected another venue! It has a house / Barn i think you could have a legal ceremony in, then lawns and things for hire and you can select your own marquee and caterers. Also you can have guests camp there!

• YellowDiamond
    Beginner July 2016
    YellowDiamond ·
    • Hide content

Hey, well it depends where in Essex you are and by the looks of it people have more local suggestions but.... We looked at temple island meadows in henley on Thames - googlemaps says it's 1.5hours to Essex for there so within your 2 hour limit!

We we looked at this place for ours, the family that own it also rent it for henley regatta to places that do high end hospitality and as such it's beautifully maintained, right on the river with lovely views and loads of room. We loved it, it just by the time we did marquee etc went so far outside of our budget that we would have had to wait 10 years to get married!! http://www.templeislandmeadows.com/weddings-reception.asp it's so beautiful and the lady we spoke to called verity was really lovely and helpful x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics