Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

COCOCHIQUITA1984
Beginner

Help! What fruit goes in Pimms?

COCOCHIQUITA1984, 9 September, 2010 at 15:19 Posted on Planning 0 4

We're on our final countdown now and need to figure out what bits we still need to do! On my list I have " fruit for Pimms" which is our welcome drink, but now I come to think of it I have no idea what fruit we need!!

I've googled but there are lots of conflicting recipes - what do you put in your Pimms?

TIA ladies! xxx

4 replies

Latest activity by Kinsk, 9 September, 2010 at 16:56
  • Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

I put the following in mine:

Pimms, lemonade, gin, strawberries, cucumber, orange, lemon, mint and lts of ice. I'm not a huge fan of apple in it as I think it makes the texture go a bit grainy.

• Teri_M
    Teri_M ·
    • Hide content

Just google the Pimms advert with all the fruit and other ingredients walking down the street on the way to a bbq,,, lol.

As I remember, strawberries, orange, cucumber, mint,, etc. But I have had some that had apple in it as well.

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

I suppose you could have anything you want, but cucumber, strawberries, lemon/lime, and mint leaves are traditional. I have seen ones with peaches, pineapple and cherries too. I've also seen orange juice added. Oh, and I'd recommend you don't make it too strong either.

Just make sure you supply straws - one of my pet hates is ice/fruit bumping my lips and teeth as I'm trying to drink.

• B
    Beginner September 2011
    blueeyedgirl ·
    • Hide content

Yum!! I would say def mint, strawberries, cucumber and orange. I also like peaches etc and then u can eat all the slush alcoholic fruit left xx

• K
    Beginner
    Kinsk ·
    • Hide content

You definitely need strawberries, cucumber and mint, anything after that is up to you. A splash of gin always goes down well, but you probably don't want people getting too sloshed too early! I actually prefer my pimms with ginger ale rather than lemonade.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics