Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R

help! what would you like from your bridesmaid re hen night??

rubysmummy, 22 of February of 2012 at 17:10 Posted on Planning 0 14

Hi ladies! i used these forums a few years ago when i got married myself and now my friend is getting married and im her bm. she is only getting married next year but wants more than a night out for her hen do. so planning is starting now so we can get an idea of prices ect to let people know incase they need time to save ect.

while my friend wants to plan the basics (its going to be 3days/ 2 nights) together. I want to throw in a few suprises for her too. im going to ask her mum for help too but im just wondering if there was anything your bridesmaids have done for you or would like them to do that you thought was a good idea?? hoping that having so much time to do it will give us an amazing time. oh and its going to be in this country although we have no idea where yet going to discuss that tomorrow.

any ideas appreciated!! xx

14 replies

Latest activity by (Claire), 14 of March of 2012 at 13:45
  • pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

I am just going for a meal and drinks in town as can't really afford a whole weekend of it. I have a beautiful dress in mind, so don't want any Ls pinned to it, but secretly am hoping that someone brings a Bride to be or Hen sash or deelyboppers to wear and makes me do a few outrageous dares, following plenty of drinking games! Would your friend go for that? There's things like a butler in the buff, pole or belly dancing tutors, spa experiences such as mani/pedi - they could all come out to your location - it depends what type of personality she is.

• jen_84
    Beginner August 2012
    jen_84 ·
    • Hide content

If it's an overnight thing how about dressing gowns with diamantees or embroidery on the back for the bridal party saying their role. You can buy them ready made, although I just bought cheap dressing gowns in the sale and iron on diamantee 'bride' and 'bridesmaid' etc from Ebay as it was much cheaper.

• jen_84
    Beginner August 2012
    jen_84 ·
    • Hide content

Maybe a bridal survival kit, a bit tongue in cheek? Things like a book on how to be a good wife, stress ball etc.

• L
    Beginner June 2012
    Littlelaura82 ·
    • Hide content

I went to a hen party recently and each hen was asked to bing a pair of unworn pants for the bride all nicely wrapped up but not to write on it who they were from. The bride then had to guess who brought each pair. It was great fun!

For my sister last year I brought a lovely note book and got each of the girls to bring a photo of them with my sister to stick in and write a good luck message. I then added some hen do pictures to it and gave it to her as a pressy the morning of the wedding. She lived reading the messages as she was getting ready. Mum and I also made a cd for her to listen to the morning of the wedding with all the songs she grew up with.

What I'm basically saying is that you can have some really good things without spending a lot of money and that will mean a lot and include all the hens.

• R
    rubysmummy ·
    • Hide content

Thank you! some lovely ideas there! ive already thought about the dressing gowns and i was going to do them for the night before the wedding. I love the book idea little laura i might have to pinch that ? i dont mind the ideas being cheap. i was just after any ideas to make it special! she is getting married abroad so many of the hens on the night wont actually be able to attend the wedding so although she is having another hen night where she is getting married this will be the one that everyone is going to and who she wont then see until after the wedding.

pole dancing would be great but unfortunalty its not something my friend would be able to participate in.

all ideas are appreciated thank you!

• R
    rubysmummy ·
    • Hide content

Also love the survival kit idea too!!! x

• K
    Beginner April 2012
    KerryLuan ·
    • Hide content

Id just like to say I think your friend is very lucky to have you. x

• lurvlytwink
    Beginner June 2012
    lurvlytwink ·
    • Hide content

What kerryluan said Smiley smile x

• R
    rubysmummy ·
    • Hide content

Aww thank you! that really made me smile Smiley smile my friend is lovely but she has been through so much in her life already and has been let down by alot of people who she thought were her friends so im hoping this hen night will show her how much we all love her and are there for her and make a really good start on the wedding celebrations x

• L
    Beginner June 2012
    Littlelaura82 ·
    • Hide content

Hope it turns out to be an amazing night x

• Going2theChapel
    Beginner March 2013
    Going2theChapel ·
    • Hide content

Ooo i hope my MOH is just like you lol Smiley smile

• K
    Beginner April 2012
    KerryLuan ·
    • Hide content

Mmm.. mine is a single mother of one and a professional lady so I have tried to help by not asking her to do too much, but I just wish she had shown a little more interest. Hate to moan as I love her dearly and we have been through so much together, I just feel a little abandoned when I would have loved to have had her with me more.

• delerious_chicken
    Beginner January 2013
    delerious_chicken ·
    • Hide content

Hi! I arranged my best friends hen night last year. She did not want anything rude or particularly tacky....I chose a theme (pink ladies) so all the hens donned the jackets (bought off ebay) and I got her a T-Birds jacket (I just asked her to turn up on the night in black leggings and vest top with black long boots!). I also got a sash off ebay and had it printed with 'Future Mrs......' which she loved! As a silly thing I blew up a particularly ugly picture of her H2B, laminated it and attached string. I got her to wear this around her neck for the evening, and every time someone shouted a pre-picked code word (willies in our case!), she had to find the nearest man and go and tell them that the man in the pic was her future husband and how much she loved him!!! This caused many a laugh, especially when she showed a police man and he was like, ummmm....really??!!!! LOL. For the evening I hired a VIP area in a club and ordered champagne....this had all been prepaid for before hand so there was less stress on the night. Hope that gives you a couple more ideas? Have FUN! Smiley smile

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

I would plan a surprise activity based on what she enjoys doing. If it's a night out somewhere, I would have all the girls going out for dinner, and right near the end of the dinner I would have a limo arrive and the driver come in asking for the B2B and girls to come with him, and then have champers in the limo and all go to whatever it is you've planned- comedy club, theatre, burlesque show, male strippers (if you're into that kind of thing for a hen party).

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

I would love to tell you all everything I have planned for my best friends Hen night in 3 months time but she comes on here occasionally.... so I better not! Some good ideas above though!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics