Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Beginner September 2014

help with a "ceremony only" venue please!! :(

dawnx16, 18 of February of 2014 at 12:20 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi all,

me and my fiance are Chinese and found the perfect restaurant in London for the wedding breakfast Chinese style. Unfortunately it's very hard to find a venue in London or in the surrounding areas which does only ceremony + drinks. It seems everywhere want you have a full on meal and give them lots of money for it... one venue even said it's ok if we don't use the venue for whole day but we have to pay for the exclusive use anyway which basically means we are paying about 5-6k for 2 hours use.

Does anyone have some advice/inspiration on places that does ceremony only with drinks reception, and is of quite good value?

Also my fiance is not keen on going down the registry route.

Many thanks,

A stressed bride

5 replies

Latest activity by dawnx16, 19 of February of 2014 at 09:20
  • SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

I can't give you any actual advice - except for maybe a registry office? No drinks there though, obviously. Best of luck with it Smiley smile

• jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sure of any places in London, but I know our local registry office (St. Georges Hall Liverpool) has an option to hire one of the bigger halls that is not actaully the usual registry office ones and you can have the cremony there with cocktails and canapes afterwards. It did come with a big price tag though, £800 just for the ceremony and we would have to pay extra for food and drink. If you look at your local registry office website they should have a list of all local places you can perform a ceremony in, it's just a case of finding one and seeing if they can do what you want.

Hope this helps.

• B
    Beginner March 2015
    Bumble19 ·
    • Hide content

If you look on the London Borough Councils websites for all the licensed premises there are usually links to the venues for ceremonies and you can compile your list. There are quite a few museums and unusual venues that do ceremonies only depending on your numbers.

have you considered somewhere like HMS President even which is permanently moored on the Thames and does weddings. Kneller Hall does ceremonies only too.

Just type in licensed wedding venues in whichever part of London you are looking for and you should find a link to the council web page.

Beginner February 2015
    14215Bride ·
    • Hide content

Theres a little chapel in London I was looking at getting married in, called LoveKyn Chapel (love the name too!) but it would depend where you are in London?

The chapel above has a private courtyard for a drinks reception after the ceremony and you supply the champagne (no corkage) so it would be a cheaper way of a champagne reception too, if we wernt running off to poole it would have been my choice! Smiley smile xx

• Foo
    Beginner June 2014
    Foo ·
    • Hide content

Our register office has a garden for drinks afterwards - The Vestry on Bow Road. I think you will struggle to find a ceremony only venue and even if you do there is a risk of getting bumped for someone wanting the whole do there.

• D
    Beginner September 2014
    dawnx16 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the speedy advice, the chapel sounds like a good idea and the vestry is actually quite close to where I live so an option!! Smiley smile

Love,

A less stressed bride

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics