Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner June 2024 West Yorkshire

help with bridesmaids and maid of honour!

Sherralee, 26 of July of 2022 at 23:45 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 4
So one of my friends I would love to be my maid of honour or bridesmaids but i dont like how she tans herself. I dont want sound horrible but i think shes too orange and she would stand out on the photos.
When i mentioned this to her today about how i want everyone to be as natural as possible and no fake tan she didnt sound happy even though i haven’t actually asked her yet but she knows she will be asked. Can anyone help advice how to approach her or any advice please. Thank you!

4 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 27 of July of 2022 at 22:04
  • Leanne
    Dedicated September 2022 West Yorkshire
    Leanne ·
    • Hide content

Just be straight with her and explain yourself, i was once a bridesmaid for my sister and she told me i not to dye my hair for months before the wedding (this is when used to box dye my hair) and i understood and didn't dye my hair, i was 18 at the time so i would hope if you friend is older they too would understand.

• E
    Savvy April 2022 Essex
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    I wouldn’t and didn’t expect my friend to change anything about themselves just for my wedding. Weight/haircolour/appearance in general
    I would also be offended if a friend told me I could be their maid of honour only if I didn’t dye my hair or tan etc
  • Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree with this. You choose your MOH based on who they are as a person and whether they are the person you feel deserves the role/you want there supporting you, their own personal aesthetics shouldn't come into it. Besides, if she always tans herself and looks this way, wouldn't you want her to look like the friend you know and love?

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I agree with Emma and Chloe. If you're not prepared to accept your friend as bridesmaid as she is, then you shouldn't be asking her. You may not like the self-tan she uses, but that is part of who she is right now.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics