Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
Beginner January 2012

Help with "fancy dress" theme

ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown, 10 January, 2013 at 14:05 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 13

I am planning a nine day trip to Las Vegas, and each day is loosely centred around a theme, with casual items of fancy dress and appropriate activities.

Example:
"The Italian Job" - we are wearing laurel wreaths, having the Roman Rituals baths at Caesar's Palace, a gondola ride at The Venetian and dinner in a little Italian restaurant.

So, I have a free day and no theme!

So far, I have planned themes that include English, Irish, Italian, Swinging 60s, French, Wild West, Island paradise, Red Carpet Vegas.

I need an idea for my empty day. Although I have mostly countries as themes, that's not really on purpose. Give me your favourite and EASY fancy dress themes.

13 replies

Latest activity by MummyMoo82, 10 January, 2013 at 18:16
  • Becklarrr
    Beginner
    Becklarrr ·
    • Hide content

Australian? You could wear hats with corks on them and walk around saying "put another shrimp on the barbie!"

Spanish? I dunno what you would wear etc but an idea!

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

Ooh how exciting!

A particular letter of the alphabet - could find restaurants/bars that start with that letter, wear something starting with that letter

Animals - go to see the lions at MGM, there must be some kind of jungle themed restaurant

Water as a loose theme - see the Sirens at Pirates Cove, fountains at Bellagio. There's a lovely bar in the Venetian which has waterfalls running down the outer walls.

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

Hollywood? Vegas? British?

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

SATC Day - That could work. Except we'd be three oldies and a young'un, instead of the other way round....

Water theme - I also like this but might overlap with my island paradise theme, which involves an aquarium.

Pink day - we have one. The wild West day is called "Wild Wild Breast" and we are wearing pink cowboy hats/bandanas, breast cancer ribbons and going on a Pink Jeep tour (to be pretend cowboys), where some of the money goes to breast cancer research.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Fudging fudging LOVE this. I had considered an Egyptian theme, to get the Luxor in, but that seemed a little sparse. Combined with this, and if I find a nice restaurant or bar to tie in, I'm on it....

Star for Flora. ️⭐️

ETA: I wonder if I can find a bar that has hubble bubble pipes....

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Although now I have to find an item of fancy dress that will fit. Some kind of veil from ear to ear might do it.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Fab, thanks a million. Also found a Moroccan restaurant that has belly dancing etc. Bit cheesy but would work really well.

• far2calm
    Beginner May 2012
    far2calm ·
    • Hide content

I have nothing to add but you sound like you are organising a fab trip.... jealous!!!

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

If only you were near me Footlong. Our drama group has LOADS of Arabian nights costumes from our Ali Baba pantomime a couple of years ago!

I remember getting one of the outfits off Amazon, quite cheap too.

This was it:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Arabian-Princess-Dancer-Ladies-Costume/dp/B001UI5MJK/ref=pd_sim_sbs_k_h_b_cs_3

• MummyMoo82
    Beginner October 2012
    MummyMoo82 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I second this!

• You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics