Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner July 2013

Help with how to display table plan please ladies!

PaintedHales, 25 January, 2013 at 10:27 Posted on Planning 0 18

Hello.

I am having a brain block on this one.

Just wondering what you guys used to display your table plan and where you got this from. I have seen popular options are to stick the plan to a nice big mirror or have an easel. I also don't know what to use to display the names on each table. Can you hire this stuff from somewhere? We are having a marquee at home so there is no venue to supply this stuff. ALso did you make the table plan and table names or get them done professionally?

Our table names are rock and metal band names (top table is Metallica) so I was thinking of CD covers but no idea how to display them.

Any suggestions or help greatly appreciated. Hope you are all having an excellent Friday. x

18 replies

Latest activity by prettywild, 25 January, 2013 at 12:05
  • kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I got my mirror from Aldi for a really good price. Might be worth looking around places like Dunelm Mill, Wilkinsons etc. I've seen easels for about £12.

The metal table number holders tend to be quite expensive. I think album covers sound great so I would pop them in nice big frames. Again, you should be able to pick these up cheaply from the types of shops mentioned above. Make sure you buy frames that are able to stand up, rather than wall ones obviously! Smiley smile

• P
    Beginner July 2013
    PaintedHales ·
    • Hide content

Thanks! Thats a rather cracking idea. I am always mooching around Dunelm Mill and Wilkos so I dont know why I didn't think of this. Making this my mission for the weekend. x

• <3FutureMrsN<3
    Beginner March 2016
    <3FutureMrsN<3 ·
    • Hide content

LOVING this idea!!! Ever though of simple photo frames to display the cd covers in?

Hope I've helped ?

• P
    Beginner July 2013
    PaintedHales ·
    • Hide content

Hi Future Mrs H (From another future Mrs H x)

You have definitely helped. I think that chalk board is great, do you know where I would get something like that? I also love your centrepieces.

I am loving the ideas of picture frames so I am going to go and look for some this weekend. x

• <3FutureMrsN<3
    Beginner March 2016
    <3FutureMrsN<3 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What sort of budget you looking at? It's a smidge expensive but you could always sell it after the wedding. http://www.t2interiors.co.uk/shop/products/butchers-food-retail/butchers-food-retail-units/a-frame-chalkboard-large/

• <3FutureMrsN<3
    Beginner March 2016
    <3FutureMrsN<3 ·
    • Hide content

Not on the highstreet have some as well

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Or, if you like the chalkboard idea, it might be cheaper to still buy an easel and get a flat chalkboard.

• P
    Beginner July 2013
    PaintedHales ·
    • Hide content

I haven't really got a budget for this to be honest. As cheap as possible really cus everything is mounting up so much. I will have a look today on interweb and then drag my Mom out mooching tomorrow, she's pretty good at the creative stuff.

Thanks x

• prettywild
    prettywild ·
    • Hide content

Hi PaintedHales

I've designed and made quite a few music themed table plans including festival style posters but also the 2 below if you wanted something different.

The first one was constructed in such a way that the record could actually be spun so you could easily find your name, but the "label" in the centre remained static head on.

The second one had actual vinyl discs as table names.

If you're going down the DIY route, perhaps you could source some old 45 vinyl records and make labels for the centres with the guests names listed and just arrange them nicely in a frame or canvas. I'm not sure how the marquee is constructed but could a canvas possibly be hung from a strut with very thick ribbon?

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Good luck - let us know how you get on Smiley smile

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely fabulous as always Suzanne.

• prettywild
    prettywild ·
    • Hide content

Oh bless you, Kharv thank you x ?

• WickyWack
    Beginner July 2013
    WickyWack ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from the Range for £5..they do lots of nice weddingy bits there actually so its worth a browse

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

I did each table in it's own cheap mirrored photo frame. on the tables I just made tent cards with no holder.

• P
    Beginner July 2013
    PaintedHales ·
    • Hide content

Prettywild - what can I say - Those table plans are absolutely stunning! I have also had a look on your website and the invitations are just beautiful! This is another thing we havent quite sorted and need to do so asap!

We didn't budget much for invitations and we need 60 day time ones and 20 evening ones as well as RSVPs which we notice you usually have to buy seperately. Do you know how much this would typically cost with a table plan and table names etc so I can show to H2B? Sorry if this is a daft thing to ask as you probably need more info but I have no idea about stationary and it was the area of the budget we just guessed.

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Prettywild is the expert !!

Here s wedding I photographed last year the Bands names were in the style of their logo.(they also liked cats) I think just inkjet printed and mounted on card. When you are done with the metal holders they can be used at home for birthday and Christmas cards. Your cd idea is good and you could just stand them up by leaving them open, but you will have to make sure that they are placed at the edge of each table in line of sight as people come in otherwise being low they will be lost amongst other tableware

• P
    Beginner July 2013
    PaintedHales ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all your help by the way everyone. I will definitely let you know how I get on. I might work out how to put pictures on here one day so I can show you what I have found so far. I also have to sort flowers this weekend Smiley sad I am no longer counting down to the wedding - I am counting down to the end of the bloody planning!

• P
    Beginner July 2013
    PaintedHales ·
    • Hide content

I love those band logos. Anyone know what sort of places do printing or where you get those metal holder things from? Sorry - I literally dont know anything!

I have got some great ideas now though thanks to you lot and can go through them all with the boy and he can pretend to care Smiley smile

• prettywild
    prettywild ·
    • Hide content

Aww thank you PaintedHales.

I'm not sure if your question about invitations etc was a general one to all or in reply to me, but I'm always happy to discuss some ideas and answer any queries if you wanted to email me at *********@**********.**.**, as there are all sorts of options and possibilities

hope that helps

Suz

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics