Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner September 2014

help with nerves

future.mrs.c, 7 of August of 2014 at 13:13 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi everyone,

My wedding is next month. I'm soooooo nervous already. I'm quite a anxious person at the best of times. Can't eat, sleep. If I'm like this now what am I going to be like on the day? I'm so worried I'm going to ruin the day by being so worked up.

Any help appreciated Smiley smile

5 replies

Latest activity by future.mrs.c, 8 of August of 2014 at 06:44
  • Dizzycaz
    Beginner October 2014
    Dizzycaz ·
    • Hide content

Not very helpful I'm afraid but didn't want to read and run

Still got 2 months till our day and I feel the same, I'm sure on the day you'll be fine and have an amazing day x

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

Take some rescue remedy on the day to help calm you down. As for now try to take your mind off the wedding and do something that relaxes you. Write down your worries so you don't keep going over them in your head. Failing all that a large glass of wine usually helps me!

• A
    Beginner September 2014
    AH71 ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married at the end of next month too and am nervous too. Not of the wedding, but I'm nervous about being the centre of attention. Chocolate usually works for me and a good chat with my friends. Just make sure you have some YOU TIME every day where you have a few minutes or hours to spare doing what you enjoy most. As one of the previous suggestions try Bach's Rescue Remedies, I've heard they are really helpful.

Wishing you both an amazing day. x

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrslizziew2be ·
    • Hide content

I suffer with anxiety and with the wedding being 23 days away I just have to keep telling myself ' it's all goin to be ok'.

The best thing you can do is talk any anxious feelings you have with your close ones and get reassurance. Hope you manage to calm down as I know the feelings your having too well!

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

I have social anxiety, so the wedding is going to be a big thing for me. One thing that always calms me down is nice smelling plants (mint, lavender, freesia etc), so I've asked my florist to put some of these plants into my bouquet. That way, I can have a nice big sniff before I go into the ceremony and whenever I get nervous during the day.

If you let us know what you normally do to manage your nerves, maybe we can come up with some ways to work it into your wedding day?

• F
    Beginner September 2014
    future.mrs.c ·
    • Hide content

Thank you everyone. Usually when I'm bad I have a bath can really drag one of them to the ceremony with me tho! Ha! Nice to know I'm not alone though. Just so worried I'm going to ruin the day.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics