Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Beginner

Help with responding to interview feedback

Secret Lemonade Drinker, 29 of January of 2009 at 17:34 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 4

I've just received possibly the best rejection letter in the world. I went for a job interview on Tuesday afternoon for a role that I really, really wanted (it was my dream job, quite literally). I'm beyond gutted at the moment, which is normal I guess, but the feedback is very, very positive and it turns out I was literally the runner up- I want to send a response to thank them but I have no idea where to start. I suppose the disappointment is a bit raw and that's clouding my thoughts, but if someone could point me in the right direction then I'd be very grateful.

(Is it wrong that I secretly hope the successful candidate suddenly realises they are allergic to paperwork and can't take up the role? Bad SLD.)

4 replies

Latest activity by KatieGrant, 26 of February of 2021 at 06:41
  • Lady Falafel
    Beginner April 2006
    Lady Falafel ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for the feedback regarding my application to the position of x. Naturally I'm disappointed that you've chosen to appoint another candidate at this point as I was looking forward to working with you all and [doing whatever it is you[d be doing]

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to see me and hope you would consider me for any similar positions arising in the future.

how's this sound?

• Secret Lemonade Drinker
    Beginner
    Secret Lemonade Drinker ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Lady Falafel, sorry for not replying yesterday I only saw it just now when I logged on - that's really helpful. I expanded it a little bit as the feedback was all positive and framed in a warm way, so I wanted to reciprocate and sent:

Dear Emily,

Thank you very much for your email regarding my interview for the position of XX. Naturally I am disappointed not to have been appointed on this occasion but I'd like to thank you for considering my application and I enjoyed meeting with you, Alison and Howard on Tuesday.

Through the application and interview process I have learnt more about the mission and function of the XX scheme and XX company, which has been both useful and interesting; and your feedback is very encouraging in respect of related opportunities, I appreciate your having taken the time to send this to me.

I would like to wish you and your team continued success and hope that you would consider me for any similar positions arising in the future.

I hope that you have a lovely weekend.

Many thanks and kind regards,

SLD

Ah well back to the drawing board I guess! Booooo, I really wanted that job too.

• Tulip O`Hare
    Beginner
    Tulip O`Hare ·
    • Hide content

I think that's a good response, SLD - you can't do much more than that.

Bad reference vibes for the successful candidate ?

• Secret Lemonade Drinker
    Beginner
    Secret Lemonade Drinker ·
    • Hide content

Ah thanks, it was hard to know what to put (and I'm not usually lost for words!)

? Yes please... I know that's evil but really, they've made a mistake, they have! I would do such a good job and I live 15 minutes from the office, I would practically live there!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics