Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jonesey
Beginner June 2012

Help with veil/headpiece! *FLASHES PLEASE*

Jonesey, 9 of January of 2012 at 17:41 Posted on Planning 0 36

Hi all,

I am seriously struggling to decide what kind of veil and headpiece to wear to match my dress (flashes below sorry they're so humongous!) as it's lace but with crystal detailing on it so I don't know whether to go with a lace or sparkly veil, short or cathedral length ? and also to add to my indecision I can't decide whether to have a tiara or a side hairpiece. I definitely want a bit of bling in my hair but nothing OTT as my dress has a lot on it, I've been looking into "vintage" looking tiara's but I can't decide what will match so would really appreciate another perspective and lots of flashes please! Especially if you've got pics of your veil/headpieces.

I will flash my dress (if I must! hehe any excuse), which will be in ivory and I think my hair will probably be all up.

Hope someone can give me some/any ideas! And if there are any HIB's out there that can advise me it would be appreciated!

Thanks

36 replies

Latest activity by Debbie Graham Jewellery, 11 of January of 2012 at 17:00
  • Blairwitch
    Beginner July 2005
    Blairwitch ·
    • Hide content

FishTail dresses look stunning with cathedral length veils ( with or without crystals) as for hair piece it is again a personal opinion and preference but I love side headbands or combs with vintage inspired dresses. It's a gorgeous dress btw

• Blairwitch
    Beginner July 2005
    Blairwitch ·
    • Hide content

Oh and if you're looking for a recommendation I can't praise the work of Kerri at star stuck designs highly enough ( we stock her in the shop) www.starstruck-designs.co.uk

• jen_84
    Beginner August 2012
    jen_84 ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sure what length veil, but I think one without lace would be nice - let the dress (which is amazing, wish I could pulll that shape off) do the talking. I'd go for a side tiara or comb.

• Fletcherette
    Beginner September 2012
    Fletcherette ·
    • Hide content

I really like short veils, but thats just my personal opinion. As for the hair I think with a dress like that a side comb would look lovely.

Your dress is totally stunning by the way ?

• Little Miss Tweety
    Beginner August 2012
    Little Miss Tweety ·
    • Hide content

I have a lace dress and have gone for this side tiara. Veils are done to personal choice. I would go for a pretty plain veil so not to distract away from ur stunning dress.

• Little Miss Tweety
    Beginner August 2012
    Little Miss Tweety ·
    • Hide content

OK dont know y the pic didnt attach. I'll try again

• Jonesey
    Beginner June 2012
    Jonesey ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all for your replies ? I knew I could rely on you lovely hitched lot to help me out.

Mrs H 2B that is gorgeous! I have 99% decided that I want a side tiara or a comb now and so will have a look at the websites suggested. Also I'm edging towards a more plain veil as the dress has so much detail and it means I can get away with a glitzier headpiece. Thanks all x

• Flamin Nora
    Beginner August 2013
    Flamin Nora ·
    • Hide content

I agree that a plain veil with a sparkley side tiara would look lovely, as you could always take the veil off after the ceremony and pics.

I recommend Lisa - Louloubelle (a HIB on here) She is amazing. This is mine -

• Jonesey
    Beginner June 2012
    Jonesey ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooh Flamin Nora that is soooo lovely and sparkly!!

• E
    Beginner June 2012
    ExcitedBride.com ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love this! Do you mind sharing with me where you got this??

• Flamin Nora
    Beginner August 2013
    Flamin Nora ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thankyou! I have a very sparkley and fussy dress too and Lisa really helped me create what I wanted.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

I really like your side tiara Mrs Henderson.

I'm also stuck on what type of veil to wear. I like the sound of cathedral length with your OP, as suggested.

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

I wore this:

Shows the head band (my veil sat just behind it)

The veil sat behind my fringe, and head band but in front of the volume.

Then with the veil back you can see the scalloped edge. I didn't want anything too fancy and whilst wearing a veil completed the look I wanted (and made me feel 'bridal') they're a pain in the bum to wear! The catch the wind and get in the way of hugs and kisses! I was so pleased I steered away from the cathedral length one I'd originally ordered!

Hope they help!

• Mrs*W*2B
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrs*W*2B ·
    • Hide content

Lovely dress!! I haven't actually got my dress yet but i found a side tiara that was such a bargain i had to get it anyway .... £4.50!!!! from NEW LOOK!!

i think this dress would look nice with a side tiara and maybe a birdcage type veil?

Heres the one i bought and hope to wear!! (excuse the flat hair!)

SORRY for hugggeee pics! x

• avintagebride
    Beginner March 2012
    avintagebride ·
    • Hide content

Here is mine, just uner 12 weeks till I can wear it!

!!!

• Jonesey
    Beginner June 2012
    Jonesey ·
    • Hide content

Wowie thanks everyone for your replies and flashes! There are so many lovely headpieces and veils, I'm overwhelmed with all the sparkliness!

Cricks I really love your hairpiece and veil combo, I have decided I'm definitely going to wear a side tiara/comb on the side rather than a full tiara, my mind is 100% made up! (yippee!)

• Soulmates
    Beginner August 2012
    Soulmates ·
    • Hide content

Cricks, your tiara is stunning, may I ask where from?

• Little Miss Tweety
    Beginner August 2012
    Little Miss Tweety ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey its from glitzysecrets. I love it! Ive tried it on a few times and it feels comfy too!

x

• Hunry
    Beginner May 2012
    Hunry ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Cricks, where did you get your headband from, it is lovely!!

Sorry, didn't see that Soulmates had asked too!

• avintagebride
    Beginner March 2012
    avintagebride ·
    • Hide content

I believe cricks' is gracie or grace by jo barnes

• hannah22
    Beginner August 2012
    hannah22 ·
    • Hide content

Hi MrsJones2Be,

my dress is similar to yours, i have gone with a cathedral length veil with diamond crystals (sorry i dont have a pic). I have ordered a side tiara from lou lou belle. She has some lovely designs http://www.louloubelle.co.uk/

• Katie V
    Katie V ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I know you have lots to choose from already but I just thought I'd say hello in case. I too design & make head wear. Everything I do is hand made to order so I can design soemthing specifically for you. You can see my website:

• Hunry
    Beginner May 2012
    Hunry ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Vintage Bride ?

• Soulmates
    Beginner August 2012
    Soulmates ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks, stunning but WAY out of my price range!

• BertB
    Beginner July 2013
    BertB ·
    • Hide content

I very nearly ordered this dress myself after trying it on about 5 times! When i had it on i put it with a fingertip length veil and also a side tiara. The veil had tiny crystals and pearls in it as does the detail on the dress if i remeber correctly. It wasnt too much as they were so small so they just caught the light.

Stunning dress ?

• Jonesey
    Beginner June 2012
    Jonesey ·
    • Hide content

Thanks to everyone for the further recs and flashes, I will have a look now whilst I eat my lunch ?

• Jonesey
    Beginner June 2012
    Jonesey ·
    • Hide content

Hi MrsJones2Be,

my dress is similar to yours, i have gone with a cathedral length veil with diamond crystals (sorry i dont have a pic). I have ordered a side tiara from lou lou belle. She has some lovely designs http://www.louloubelle.co.uk/

• B
    Beginner
    bettyedith ·
    • Hide content

Here is mine from sweetheart vintage designs

BEX

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ?

It was indeed Grace by Jo Barnes Vintage. Incredibly comfy and I've worn it for a couple of formal events and on Christmas Day since!

• Mrs P 2 B
    Beginner January 2012
    Mrs P 2 B ·
    • Hide content

Hey Mrs J... This is such a hard decison!! I can't decide either!! It must just be bcus our dress is so gorgeous lol!!

In feb I'm booking in to get my veil and will flash for you if they let me take pics.. its to my lower back, single veil and has the same crystal beading as under the bust. As for head peice i really don't know what to have.. the flashes on here are all soooo nice!!

Flash when you decide so we can compair lol!

• Chidders
    Beginner June 2012
    Chidders ·
    • Hide content

Hi Mrs Jones2Be. Firstly excellent choice of dress, I tried that one on and it was defintely a consideration for me, but I went with something else similar.

This is my headpiece

And this is the veil I am after but hip length

• Jonesey
    Beginner June 2012
    Jonesey ·
    • Hide content

I will do Mrs P and yes please a flash or your veil when you choose it would be fab!

Chidders, where is your headpiece from? it's a stunner!

I have gone from having no idea to having so many that I really like...would it be greedy to have 10!? ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics