Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner May 2024 Greater Manchester

help with venue - for a small and relaxed wedding

Jessica, 14 of July of 2023 at 20:51 Posted on Planning 0
My partner and I (both 31) have been together for 13 years and we are finally planning our wedding after a few years in Australia. We are struggling to find a suitable venue that suits a more relaxed vibe and is within budget. We want a relatively small and intimate wedding with between 25-50 guests, with a focus on the food and setting. We are less concerned about all the extras / fuss! We have been looking at the UK, Italy and Spain but very open to new ideas within Europe.

For reference we found the perfect villa in Tuscany that is more of a holiday home for 12 guests, but can host events including weddings up to 50 guests. The cost was €8130 for a 5 night holiday for us and immediate family, and then €2500 for location hire which included the host as your wedding planner in the lead up and on site for 2 days. The food was either local Nonna’s cooking a 3 course meal for €75pp or chef for €125pp. As it is a private villa you could buy your own alcohol, but would obviously need to pay for the hire of wait staff for the meal and drinks. Roughly I think this would have been 20-25k in total. Unfortunately the host’s communication has been poor recently and we haven’t got anywhere over the last 6 weeks - we haven’t actually made a booking but they are making it impossible.
I’ve just priced up a similar style venue in Ibiza and it’s 26k just for the venue and food, never mind dresses, suits, photographer, flowers etc. I have also spoken to a wedding planner in Barcelona who quoted 30-35k total.
Does anyone know of anywhere that suits the style we are looking for?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics