Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S

Help!! - Would you hire a classic VW Camper Van for your wedding??????

Samsub, 11 June, 2009 at 11:45 Posted on Planning 0 18

Hi there,

Would you consider using a classic Volkswagen Split Screen van, as one of your wedding cars? For use by either the bride and her father to travel to the church, then by the married couple to the reception, or by the bridesmaids, the best man and any ushers, or any other combination.

My husband thinks we should ..... I am not sure!!

What do you think?

18 replies

Latest activity by 3d jewellery, 13 December, 2010 at 07:36
  • ashmegdj
    Beginner August 2009
    ashmegdj ·
    • Hide content

I'd think if he's your Husband it's too late to worry about it?!

• S
    Samsub ·
    • Hide content

Oops, Husband to be!

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content

Hey,

I know that Zippy (on here) and her partner have a camper which they'll be using for their wedding.

I think it's a great idea!

x

• Ms T
    Ms T ·
    • Hide content

This rings a bell......have you found a website that does them?

• S
    Samsub ·
    • Hide content

Ms T..

I've found a few. I guess you would need to give them a call and see how far they would travel.

www.wacky-weddings.co.uk

www.sambaweddings.com

www.barmybeetles.co.uk

it all looks pretty good to me!

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

Why not?

I am slightly confused by your question. If you want to hire a VW van then do it.

We are using our own VW campervan, because she is personal to us and like a family member!

What are your husband to be's reasons for wanting one?

I completely disagree when people want one just ti be different, I think you have to have a love of VW's really.

Where in the country are you? Beetledrive are a reputable firm to use, based in Birmingham and exhibit at all the big VW shows.

• S
    Beginner January 2008
    SJS88 ·
    • Hide content

We booked one because we love them and they are so much better than a cheesy Limo that you can hire for proms etc.

Sure it's a little quirky but it's good to be different and they are so cool.

We used Deluxe Days - www.Deluxedays.co.uk

• 22tango
    Beginner April 2010
    22tango ·
    • Hide content

What a surprise!

• K
    Beginner July 2010
    Karen1980 ·
    • Hide content

I think if your H2B really likes them then go for it. Not everyone can afford one so why not make his day a little special by havig something thats right for him.

I drove past a wedding the other day where there was a camper van and a convertable beetle as the wedding car - looked fab x

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

I love VW campers, , , It was the first thing that we booked, , , , , , x

• Mrs_Rolfe_2b
    Beginner September 2012
    Mrs_Rolfe_2b ·
    • Hide content

My h2b loves campers and we have talked about having one for the wedding car.

Though i get travel sick, so i really hope they are a smooth ride?!

• Mrs_Rolfe_2b
    Beginner September 2012
    Mrs_Rolfe_2b ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Only one of those websites work....

• kj82
    Beginner December 2010
    kj82 ·
    • Hide content

I've booked one for h2b and groomsmen to get to venue xx

• NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content

Hello! I know that I hire a bay camper, rather than a splittie - but you are always welcome to pop by for a cup of tea with hubby to be, and check out our camper (Pushka). I often take enquiring wedding parties out for a little drive around the block too. Our rates are pretty competative and we cover London and surrounding counties. (See link below). As you would expect, we are fully insured, have public liability cover etc.

...I am of course biased - but I think that they are the happiest cars to drive around in. Everyone smiles at you and we even get passing appreciative motorists taking pictures! I am very attached to Pushka. As far as them being a smooth ride - the journey should be at a leisurely pace, so that everyone can see you - so no crazy dashing around corners!

• NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content

? I am being very obvious - I know. I don't mention campers if it is off topic - and genuinely try to offer good advice on a whole range of topics (I am addicted to Hitched!) - but given this was a thread about my favourite topic in the whole world, I just could not resist. Hand held out for a virtual slap and accompanied with a rather cheeky grin! ?

• NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content

Hey no worries Jules. You are Hitching late - I was just thinking about going to bed (and then thought that I would have a quick look at Hitched forum - and then slowly got sucked in - you know how it goes! Ha ha!) Right - I am going to sign out and actually go to bed now. See ya!

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I knew she didn't mean you as I thought the same after the 1st couple of posts. YOU are allowed to advertise on posts like this as YOU are a paying advertiser.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics