Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2014

Help....can anyone recommend a Wedding band in Kent???

Marymc123, 17 of September of 2013 at 23:00 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hi as you may have guessed by the title I am looking for a wedding band in Kent or that are willing to travel. I haven't been to any wedding around so have no idea where to start. Also I've just had a baby so that rules my social life out for the next few months so I can't go around venues checking all the local bands out. If anyone knows any good bands that would be a good start Smiley smile

11 replies

Latest activity by Lemon Violet, 23 of September of 2013 at 15:17
  • smoothcrims1
    smoothcrims1 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Mary.

There's loads of good bands around Kent, just spend a little time on google searching for things like "Wedding Band Kent" Function Band Kent" "Party Band Kent". You should get loads of results. Remember that you'll always save around 20% on a band if you book them directly. Generally agents will take this fee as a deposit for taking the booking! It's not necessary and means that you'll have to make all the arrangements through a middleman rather than the band directly. Get at least 3 quotes and take it from there.

Generally the further a band have to travel the more they'll charge, if it's over 3 hours journey they will probably book a hotel and add that to the fee. So often the closer the better. I run a wedding band myself If I'm completely honest with you we would charge around an extra £100 to cover fuel to Kent from Birmingham but in some cases it may still end up cheaper than some expensive local bands.

We travel all round the country and regularly play places in Kent - feel free to check out our site and be sure to watch our promo video. We have male and female vocals and cover everything from Beatles to Beyonce. We also have line ups to suit most budgets too. No pressure of course, I just thought I'd give you some advice! You can clink the link below to go straight to our site www.TheSmoothCriminals.co.uk

Hope this is all of some use to you!

Cheers.

James.

• D
    DavidBowden ·
    • Hide content

My cousin had a great band in Benenden last year. They were called KingTastic and we are having them in December. They did everything we loved. Old stuff for mum and dads friends, cool stuff for us (kings of Leon etc) and even some young stuff like Plan B for the kids. They even did Michael Buble for their first dance (my cousin freaking loves Buble)

• The Wedding Singer
    The Wedding Singer ·
    • Hide content

As well as Googling, there are some great directory sites like www.partysounds.co.uk where you can search through 100s of bands and sort by location, music styles etc. and still contact bands directly to avouid agency charges.

Hope this helps

• Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content

I went to a wedding last year and the band were a local Kent one, the are called Reptilia ... they were brilliant, really got everyone going and were a good laugh.

https://www.reptiliatheband.com/

• D
    Beginner September 2013
    Doddyclaire ·
    • Hide content

I hear The Redfords are pretty damn good - they usually do sets at Bluewater Wedding Fair too so if you're off there you can get a feel for them yourself Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner March 2014
    Sarah MC1 ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

We had a fab band called The Spectrum. They were just soooo good, and just completly rocked our wedding!

Speaking to them before our wedding was really reassuring and put my mind at rest.

They come from the midlands I think but they definately travel!

Plus they come with a DJ too! ( I can't find them on Hitched anymore???? But you can google them!)

Good luck!

Sarah x

• noelfraser
    noelfraser ·
    • Hide content

Hi

We cover the whole of the UK and we're one of the best.

Checkout our website at www.noelfraser.com

Regards

Noel

• InWineTheresTruth
    Beginner July 2015
    InWineTheresTruth ·
    • Hide content

I saw the Redfords today at Bluewater and thy were FAB!! I would love them at my wedding xx

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

The Soul Monkeys are Kent based and our friends had them at their wedding, and they were fab.

The band we are having (The Bears) are south east based too.

• S108HAN
    Beginner August 2013
    S108HAN ·
    • Hide content

The Domino Band did our wedding and were great They cover the entire UK.

• L
    Lemon Violet ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

i can reccommend Wild Honey, from March, cambs. They have a facebook page and if you contact them they will send a demo disc and tell you where they are playing.

hope that helps.

Lynne

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics