Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner May 2011

Help.....how to present a yankee candle favour?

kaz9274, 22 of February of 2011 at 13:09 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi Ladies well with lots of sample favour boxes I am struggling to find anything nice to present the ladies at my wedding with their yankee candle favour.

Has anyone given these? or has any ideas what type of box would be best, I would like to stay clear of the basic square box.

Thank you

9 replies

Latest activity by joannexyx, 22 of February of 2011 at 20:57
  • Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

Instead of a box, I'd be inclined to put it in clear plastic and then tie it with a bow (preferably in your wedding colour). Or tissue paper and a bow (or raffia if you have a country/rustic theme).

• Cheeky_pie
    Beginner August 2011
    Cheeky_pie ·
    • Hide content

My cousin had these as her favours they were the wedding day votives!! She give them in little organza bags to match her colour scheme!! They are on ebay for quite cheap http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/100-7X9cm-Blue-Organza-Pouch-Jewelry-Wedding-Gift-Bag-/250774074661?pt=UK_Jewellery_Watches_JewelleryBoxes_Supplies_CA&hash=item3a634cb525 xx

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

I went to a wedding where yankee candles were favours, they were i costrasting coloured organza bags. When I got it home I was a bit puzzled as it had no wick- I didn't really know what a yankee candle was!

• Teri_M
    Teri_M ·
    • Hide content

Are they the little 'housewarming' size? You could make circles of organdy or tulle and tie a ribbon at the top, or get the littlel organza bags. I love yankee candles, I bring them back from the States and have them all over my house. Clean Cotton is my absolute favorite. Just gorgeous.

Knitting_Vix,, so wierd that yours was lacking the wick, it's definately not just below the wax? I have had to coax the wicks out on new ones, but never had one missing.

Kaz, did you buy yours here in the UK? I'd love to have a source for them over here, I always worry about them breaking in my bags.

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

Teri I get my Yankee Candles at www.yankeedoodle.co.uk favourite is Tahitian Tiare and Coconut Bay. Really good site and always arrive intact.

• Teri_M
    Teri_M ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Spangles! Off to check it out. Smiley smile

• Cheeky_pie
    Beginner August 2011
    Cheeky_pie ·
    • Hide content

The one with no wick was probably a tart which u melt down in the wee burners xx

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

Organza bags from ebay meant to add link https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/findingland I use this shop

• K
    Beginner May 2011
    kaz9274 ·
    • Hide content

Hi i got mines from http://www.theyankeeshop.co.uk/ with 10% off which was great!

I have bags same as bm dresses but not sure, might just go with that, thanks for your help

x

• joannexyx
    Beginner July 2013
    joannexyx ·
    • Hide content

My friend had these. she put them in material and fluffed it at the top. she then tied a ribbon of their tartan round the top of it to make it look like a tie. may sound tacky but was really nice x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics