Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsStobe13
Beginner May 2013

Help..my bridesmaid 'unfriended' me?

MrsStobe13, 2 May, 2013 at 09:29

Posted on Planning 40

Hey all..This sounds really petty but I just discovered this morning that one of my bridesmaids has 'unfriended' me on Facebook. I know my brother (chief bridesman) sent a message around to all of them in a fit of rage but that was him, not me. I've tried really hard to make things work of her as...

Hey all..This sounds really petty but I just discovered this morning that one of my bridesmaids has 'unfriended' me on Facebook. I know my brother (chief bridesman) sent a message around to all of them in a fit of rage but that was him, not me. I've tried really hard to make things work of her as she wanted me to make special provisions for her son to come to our wedding breakfast only and leave in time for the reception. She also told me her boyfriend was only coming to the evening do until 4 days after the RSVP cut off date when she said he'd shifted work around and asked if he could come all day as she didn't have a date otherwise, to which I had to say no as numbers were confirmed. She's asked me for help and advice with hairstyles which I've tried to sort out on several occasions but has been ignored.

The defriend to be honest is not my biggest concern. She has run off with a £100 dress, claiming her Mum was going to alter it for her. She was supposed to return it this weekend ready to be ironed for the big day and hasn't. The fact that she has defriended me for no obvious reason and in spite of all I have done for her would indicate to me that she doesn't want to be my bridesmaid. Am I overreacting or should I tell her that I see severing communications as no longer wanting to be part of my wedding? I know it's petty and silly arguements happen over Facebook, but I'm very upset that she's done this to me. At best, if she'd told me she no longer wanted to be my bridesmaid I could of sold it on EBay. We're in very hard times financially and I know she has a much wealthier background than we do.

Thanks for reading

MrsStobe13 xx

40 replies

• G
    Beginner September 2013
    Gemmy08 ·
    • Hide content

Same. Wondering what happened?

• N
    Beginner May 2013
    Nandalie ·
    • Hide content

Not sure I'd be keen to update this thread- talk about blunt! It's 2 weeks before her wedding and we've probably all added to her stress.

Although not put in the most tactful of ways, a lot of what has been said is true- you really do need to sort this face to face- perhaps arrange a pub trip with the girls to find out how the land lies? I know you are angry but do you really want to lose a friend over this? Your wedding will be done and dusted in a couple of weeks, your friendship should not be.

• N
    Beginner May 2013
    Nandalie ·
    • Hide content

No idea why it's so small!

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

MrsStobe, hopefully it's all sorted by now and your bridesmaids/bridesman are all back on the team.

Thinking of you xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics