Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner May 2011

HELP...please... With colours/bridesmaid dresses...

MrsMRtobe, 24 of July of 2010 at 18:42 Posted on Planning 0 8

Omg I'm the worlds most indecisive person so planning a wedding is my absolute nightmare!!

I'm really struggling with choosing on the colours and feel like I can't really get anywhere with the proper planning until I've got them sorted. Is anyone else having the same problem? I'm trying to think what colours will go with our venue, it's a manor hotel so quite deep colours (blue/gold) but we're getting married in May so want quite spring/summer colours like green/pink.

I've been dress shopping with my maids and the colours I thought I wanted (pale greens and pink) just make them look really pasty so we've tried on a bright pink Mori Lee maxi dress which looks nice and summery but I don't know if it's going to clash with the venue. The other dress I liked was a navy blue but then one of them said it's not very summery colour. Then I'm thinking what we'll suit my H2B - he's having a dark grey suit but is not too keen on the bright pink!!!

Also - as they're all really different shapes and sizes I don't know whether to go for the one style or to try and get them different ones. But my budget is only £100 for them each and the Mori Lee dress we've seen is £179!!!

AAAARRRHHH! Any ideas/advice/help would be so appreciated!!!

A very stressed bride2b!!xxxx

8 replies

Latest activity by Rustic Daze, 28 of July of 2010 at 15:38
  • thefuturemrsclarke
    Beginner July 2010
    thefuturemrsclarke ·
    • Hide content

I to wanted pale pink but it made my maids looked washed out to, so we settleed on hot pink with a baby pink sash. my oh wore a hot pink tie and the groomsmen wore baby pink ties, but they could be swapped so the groomsmen wore the hot pink and your oh wears the baby pink if he would prefer?

heres a pic to show how it blended in x

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

try and not panic ofr a start...just shop around and see what you can see!! I was BM for my friend last year and when we went shopping i tried on a dress in a "mushroom" shade...sounds horrendous but it was a gorgeous colour on! Just get them trying on all the colours under the sun!!

• Bobbins30
    Beginner November 2010
    Bobbins30 ·
    • Hide content

What sort of colourings are your BMs? Dark, blonde? Skin tone?

To blend in with the venue, you could go for a strong blue and then 'spring' it p with some pale yellow flowers. I personally like the multicoloured look for flowers and then one strong base colour IYSWIM? Or, if the venue is blue/gold, why not look at champagne colour dresses and then you could have pale pink flowers?

• Mrs S*
    Beginner January 2010
    Mrs S* ·
    • Hide content

We just went shopping with an open mind. We came back with Jade green dresses. I would have been happy with any colour.

• M
    Beginner May 2011
    MrsMRtobe ·
    • Hide content

Hey...they're all dark haired which is really nice and all have an olivey type skin tone so I'm hoping the same thing will suit them all! I like the idea of having blue and then pale yellow...or even pink. I don't know if champagne would blend in too much with my ivory dress....so much to think about!! Have you got yours sorted then?x

• MrsS29
    Beginner May 2015
    MrsS29 ·
    • Hide content

You sound exactly like me. I started off with cadbury purple then changed it to royal blue then changed it to black with fushia pink but i've finally settled on a sage green. Im so glad i love it!

This is my bridesmaid dresses (but in cactus green) and my h2b is having the same colour cravat

http://www.morilee.com/Bridesmaids/Bridesmaids/dressint.php?idves=268&idcat=2&idscat=5&npic=3&npag=2&bsel=

x

• M
    Beginner May 2011
    MrsMRtobe ·
    • Hide content

Awww that's a lovely dress. I really want something that style - love the maxi dress look at the mo and it's really summery. How many are you having? What colour flowers are you having? The other thing I'm struggling with is the price - I've budgeted £100 per maid (I'm having three) and that's supposed to include shoes and jewellery! They have said they'll put in the extra but it's working out really expensive with the dresses I like. x

• MrsS29
    Beginner May 2015
    MrsS29 ·
    • Hide content

The dresses are working out a bit more than i budgeted too so i think im going to buy them online. Im having my 2 sisters and they've both tried the dress on and the colour and they suit both. Maybe you could do something like that? Im going to buy their jewellery but they're buying their own shoes.

I think im having these flowers but with white ribbon round the bottom! Hope it helps Smiley smile xx

• R
    Rustic Daze ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,

I can see your dilemma - you want spring colours but want to fit in with the setting/venue whilst also trying to find colours that suit your bridesmaids and please your H2B!!! (My hubby was the same - did not want pink!!)

How about you go with the blue/gold (kind of) to fit in with your setting but do it in a spring way??!! Blue and yellow are spring colours and it sounds like your bridesmaids would probably suit blue more than the pasty/pastely colours. I think £100 is a good amount to spend for BM's dresses and you should be able to find really nice ones for that amount. I've attached some ideas to try to get you inspired for a Spring, Manor Hotel wedding!!

Good luck and enjoy!

Philippa

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics