Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner April 2022 Dumfries Galloway & Ayrshire

Hen and Stag does for 2/3rd marriages?

Tres, 1 of April of 2021 at 17:43 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi

So my H2B has been married twice before (one of which I only just became aware about as it was in 1993 when he was 20 and it never cropped up in conversation... *sigh*). I only found out when I got his copy of his last marriage certificate as we plan to marry in Gretna Green which I knew was where he married his last wife/ mum to 2 daughters.. he couldn't remember which venue so I got the MC to check.. good job as it was the same place I was going to book!.... this is how I saw he was listed as 'divorced' on that one...

Anyway.. that's sorted... but

His second marriage was, as I said, in GG. That was 2004.

As I understand, he didn't have a 'stag' for either.

I was married in 2011. Me and ex did have stag/hens (mine was rubbish, in my home city, lots didn't turn up and wasn't particularly fun.. exes was by the looks and sounds of it, hilarious. Weekend away lol).

We have a baby together and are due another before we wed.

He will be 49, me 38.

The wedding is just us and kids and undecided on a reception yet when back.

I am not particularly bothered about a hen do, but wondered if they were even a 'thing' once you're a bit older and divorced (twice in his case!)...?

1 replies

Latest activity by Ben, 7 of May of 2021 at 13:32
  • H
    Beginner October 2021 South West London
    HJC84 ·
    • Hide content

I think it’s important to do what you would like to do. If you want to get some friends and family together, you should! ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics