Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hayley
Rockstar September 2022 Norfolk

Hen do

Hayley, 26 of September of 2021 at 19:03 Posted on Planning 0 14
Sooo I guess I'll need a hen do haha. I'm not much of a go out clubbing person or much of a girly girl. I also don't want to spend a bomb because I'd rather spend it on the wedding. Any ideas or things you have done or plan to yourselves? Thanks.

14 replies

Latest activity by Hayley, 28 of September of 2021 at 19:24
  • J
    Curious September 2022 West Yorkshire
    Joro&Jro ·
    • Hide content
    At the moment I’m considering a spa day, quite a few places have deals which include dinner or afternoon tea. Or better still, get everyone round to yours, raid home bargains for beauty packs and order a takeaway x
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    These both sound like good plans. I think my partner is pretty keen to go camping so I should have the place for the weekend. I was thinking maybe a meal or something with more people then something with just my bridesmaids. Either of your suggestions would work for the bridesmaid bit 🙂
  • Voiceoftruth
    Dedicated October 2021 Oxfordshire
    Voiceoftruth ·
    • Hide content

I am having an afternoon tea only. I don’t do dancing, clubbing or much drinking and I’m not really into the spa treatment stuff. When my family said I should do something, I said I wanted it to involve cake and yummy foods that haven’t been a part of the pre-wedding diet! Since it isn’t literally two days before the wedding, I can’t do too much damage weight wise that way!

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Now you sound like a woman after my own heart. Cake is never a bad call! Glad you've found something you'll enjoy. And definitely don't worry about the damage from that one day.
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Taking a hen do out of the equation entirely - imagine you are planning a get together with your best mates. What would you most enjoy doing? Long hike? Barbeque? Cream tea? Film night? Craft making session?

The hen do is supposed to be about you spending time with your best friends doing something you enjoy. That can be as simple as just meeting up for a good meal together. If girly stuff isn't your thing, you don't have to do it.

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

I am exactly the same. My MOH has been talking about a weekend away, clubbing and bars, a chef coming in and cocktail classes, which is my worst nightmare! I have had to have a chat with her and said my perfect day would be a Spa day then an cheese & meat platter at home with the girls, plenty of fizz and the hot tub on! I am also conscious of the cost as a few of my friends will struggle to attend an 2-3 day event away so by having something closer to home people can dip in and out of the bits they can afford. I have a spa nearby that does varying day packages to include massage or just for access so there are pricing options to suit all. For food, I looked at getting it catered but again is stupid money so told her we will just go to Costco and get loads of food and whack it on some boards. the main thing is having the day/eve you want with the people you want so dont be afraid to say that, it is your Hen!

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you. This sounds like a plan. Truth is, I'm not even fussed about having one haha. But I feel I kind of should. I'll get my bridesmaids together in a chat and see what we come up with between us
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh no. I am glad you've managed to reign her in to what you'd actually like. Hope you have a lovely time.
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

Am the same, not fussed on having one, I would rather people come to the wedding as I know it costs a lot and don't want to put people in that position. my MOH reaction was not great but I feel better for telling her what I want. she is me BFF but we are wildly different in our thoughts on what is a good night out! Hopefully she will plan what I want x

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. It is your hen 🙂
  • Marie
    Savvy October 2021 Nottinghamshire
    Marie ·
    • Hide content
    I wasn’t fussed about having one either. I hate the attention all on me. I went to a local bar for a few drinks on Sunday evening with my closest friends and some family. It was real good fun and everyone had a fab time. I was forced to wear bride to be tat by my sister so I kept her on her toes keep ‘loosing bits’ at every opportunity 🤣 I was home by 10:30 which was much later than I expected. It was really lovely to see everyone after the last 18 months!
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sounds lovely Marie. I would be losing them too haha. Fortunately my bridesmaids are not in to that either.
  • Marie
    Savvy October 2021 Nottinghamshire
    Marie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Have a lovely time what ever you do. I wanted to keep cost down and not make people feel pressured into spending money. I think afternoon tea sounds lovely too, but I was so last minute it was easier to just stay local.
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you 😊

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics