Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

xtine88xx
Beginner September 2012

hen do abroad - help please!

xtine88xx, 23 of January of 2012 at 15:57 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hey did anyone, or is anyone, planning their hen do abroad?

I really fancy a weekend in Marbella and my friends all seem up for it. Has any one used any hen do planning companies for theirs and had any good experiences they can recommend?

I'm getting all befuddled with trying to find flights and hotels separately as it seems too complicated to do for 10 people to then pay for separate?

Also, just wondered how much people would be willing to pay for something like this? I know it depends on personal circumstances, but I have asked all my friends what their budgets are and had no response!

I've had to kind of get in control of this as my MOH and Bridesmaid veered off course to somewhere I didn't want to go to otherwise I would have prefered to leave it to them as it seems far too complicated! haha.

Any help would be appreciated!

thanks Smiley smile xx

1 replies

Latest activity by xtine88xx, 23 of January of 2012 at 16:11
  • venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

Sounds hectic, I feel for you! My OH and I spoke with our ushers and BMs about it, and we've decided to do a trip to Vegas about 6 months before the wedding as a joint hen/stag (though we'll go our separate ways for the celebrations). I had to speak with everyone individually about budgeting for it to make sure it would be ok with taking time off work, buying flights and hotel, and having enough funds for celebrating on top of it all. Luckily they're all able to do (my BMs are all in Canada/USA anyways, as is one usher).

One of my BMs voiced concerns about being able to afford it, but I've told her I'll pay her share of the hotel when we book if she's short (she works freelance and doesn't know how much income she'll have). As far as how much people are willing to spend, it's something you need to discuss individually. If you can, talk in person so they have to respond, or at least give you an idea of what they're thinking. Emailing can take forever and they might forget all about it! Face to face they have no such option.

I suggest you pick your destination and get options for accommodation of differing prices, and THEN give control back to your MOH. You shouldn't have to deal with everything! At least you'll have control over where, but not have to deal with chasing everyone for replies. You're probably busy enough as it is with the wedding planning!

• xtine88xx
    Beginner September 2012
    xtine88xx ·
    • Hide content

Ahhh Venart that sounds amazing! We got engaged in Vegas and loved it! Wanted to get married there but changed our minds in the end. Hen/Stag there would be awesome though!

Think you're right I'll find a few I am happy with and email around everyone then CALL THEM and make sure they give me an answer. Seems so much more difficult than I expected it to be that's why I wanted to use one of these companies that will just do it for us - plus people can pay in instalments which is a lot better if they can't afford it all upfront!

At the moment this is causing me more of a headache than my actual wedding lol! x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics