Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner April 2015

Hen Do and Diet

ExpensivePurpleDiamonds85, 20 of February of 2015 at 12:45 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi all

I posted a few weeks ago about not fitting in my dress at the first fitting. I'm now on slimming world and think I've lost about 4 pounds in 2 weeks. However tonight and tomorrow is my hen do (2 nights) and I am scared of putting all the weight back on. I want to enjoy it, but alcohol is so bad for you that I've just completely cut it out.....

Should I just forget about it? I am going to drink gin and slimline rather than my favourite wine and try not to eat a load of crisps etc.....

10 replies

Latest activity by Scottish_Sarah, 20 of February of 2015 at 19:19
  • MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Don't worry! Just stick to spirits and slimline mixers (as you say, G&T is pretty much the best) and try to avoid a big bloater breakfast due to hangover Smiley smile Providing you don't let it slip afterwards you'll be fine. Have a great time!

• S
    Beginner October 2015
    Stephie ·
    • Hide content

The average person consumes 2000 calories in a day, so I would think that as long as you didn't exceed this amount, you wouldn't gain anything, but you wouldn't lose anything either.

Just googled your drink and it (apparently) has 55 calories in, so you could potentially have ten gins at 550 calories and get some decent food in as well - winner!

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

Ah don't worry! You're only going to have one hen do, enjoy it to the max! Drink what you want and eat what you want, just get straight back on slimming world after the hen do. x

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    McHelenz ·
    • Hide content

The joy of slimming world is flexi days!! Smiley smile This weekend just gone I drank a bottle of wine, ate cake, had a cheese toastie in starbucks and was generally very bad!! I weighed in last night and lost 2.5 pounds. I did a lot of walking and stuck to plan the other days. Dont worry, it's your hen!!!

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    McHelenz ·
    • Hide content

Also if your super worried then plan some SP days - however I refuse to do these...lol

• samidolls
    Beginner September 2015
    samidolls ·
    • Hide content

I say sod it and have fun!

you are only going to do it once! and one weekend won't make or break the diet!

My neighbour did slimming world Monday-Friday and then had what she wanted on a weekend (in moderation) and she still lost something like 4 stone.

• E
    Beginner April 2015
    ExpensivePurpleDiamonds85 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all, you are very reassuring. I probably need to lose about another 5 pounds. My next fitting is 2 weeks, wedding is 7 (50 days today!)

I am struggling to monitor my weight loss as the 3 sets of scales I am using are all telling ridiculous stories. The scales I am using as my official scales are weighing me about half a stone lighter than my scales at home, so I felt depressed when I got on them today but actually I think I must have weighed more than I thought to begin with. Ahh!

I have been SO good this week though, it's been flawless so hopefully I will lose at least 2 pounds on the rubbish light weighing scales when I weight in officially on Tuesday! x

• E
    Beginner April 2015
    ExpensivePurpleDiamonds85 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all, you are very reassuring. I probably need to lose about another 5 pounds. My next fitting is 2 weeks, wedding is 7 (50 days today!)

I am struggling to monitor my weight loss as the 3 sets of scales I am using are all telling ridiculous stories. The scales I am using as my official scales are weighing me about half a stone lighter than my scales at home, so I felt depressed when I got on them today but actually I think I must have weighed more than I thought to begin with. Ahh!

I have been SO good this week though, it's been flawless so hopefully I will lose at least 2 pounds on the rubbish light weighing scales when I weight in officially on Tuesday! x

• Lollypolly
    Beginner August 2015
    Lollypolly ·
    • Hide content

Do the SP plan for the rest of the week and try to stay around 5 syns a day after that. Seen many people in my group loose a good 7lb in a week doing this plan. I use it often for a couple of days after a bad weekend and it usually does the trick!

• S
    Beginner June 2015
    Scottish_Sarah ·
    • Hide content

My tip would be make sure you stick to the low calorie drinks, 1 large glass of wine is about 250 calories however as said g & t or vodka and diet coke is around 50. Just make sure you don't fall into the trap of drunken food - my tip would be to have a tuna salad either in a large handbag (e.g. the john west ones which are off the shelf anyway) so when friends are getting chips you have something to munch on and at under 200 calories it won't cause too much damage!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics