Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L

Hen Do Cancelled due to Coronavirus

LuxuriousYellowCakes64238, 25 of March of 2020 at 14:00 Posted on Planning 0 2

I'm due to go to my friend's hen do in June which is going to be a weekend away staying at like chalets in a forest. There are 10 of us going and we've all paid a 50 pound deposit and are due to pay the full sum by the end of April. However, we now aren't sure if the weekend is going to go ahead and the company is currently closed and has said that we can either cancel and all lose our deposits or postpone our weekend to later in the year or hope that by June it can just go ahead as planned but for that we will all need to pay the full amount in time and then risk losing it. I don't know what to do? Most of the hens seem fine to risk just paying it and postponing but I am worried about losing the money or not being able to make the postponed date? Argh what a nightmare this whole thing is!

2 replies

Latest activity by HappyYellowFlowers9397, 2 of April of 2020 at 14:16
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Have you checked the terms & conditions? It seems odd that you couldn't get your money back if the business were to be closed in June. Most people I know who have had events or holidays booked during our current lockdown have been refunded.

• H
    HappyYellowFlowers9397 ·
    • Hide content

Hmm this sounds similar to an issue that we are currently having in the hen party whatsapp that I am in. Someone found this post which kind of laid out our options as wait and try and go for another date or basically write off the money.https://www.planthehen.co.uk/what-to-do-if-your-hen-party-is-cancelled-due-to-coronavirus

We've decided to just hold fire and try and arrange something for after the wedding if necessary. We figured that the bride would definitely want a hen at some point so we may as well just wait and see. PLus it's something to look forward to at the moment.

Hope you get it sorted!

• H
    HappyYellowFlowers9397 ·
    • Hide content

Hmm this sounds similar to an issue that we are currently having in the hen party whatsapp that I am in. Someone found this post which kind of laid out our options as wait and try and go for another date or basically write off the money.https://www.planthehen.co.uk/what-to-do-if-your-hen-party-is-cancelled-due-to-coronavirus

We've decided to just hold fire and try and arrange something for after the wedding if necessary. We figured that the bride would definitely want a hen at some point so we may as well just wait and see. PLus it's something to look forward to at the moment.

Hope you get it sorted!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics