Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Dorset

Hen do drama

Lucy, 20 of April of 2024 at 13:03 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0
Any advice please. I am a bridesmaid with 3 other girls. 2 bridesmaids I don’t know and the other one is my friend. One bridesmaid Kate wanted to sort the hen do and we were all fine with that. However she left it very late to do anything despite our nudges. Kate has become very controlling with no compromise. The bride is actually very relaxed and just stated she wants a fun time with her friends close by (the wedding is in Cornwall and she didn’t want people to travel too much for the hen as they are for the wedding).
Kate would only look at Norfolk and refused any other options suggested. I live a 6 hour drive on a good run away. On Friday Eve in the summer it’s likely to be more and she called me a bad bridesmaid for not being accommodating and wouldn’t take on board anything I said. The other hens live a bit closer but still 4 hours away. The house is in the middle of nowhere with no good train links etc and I am a nervous driver. I am obviously going but it has put such a sour note on the weekend! Any advice for dealing with bridemaidzilla!! I don’t feel like I can talk to the bride about it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics