Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Abby
Beginner April 2025 West London

Hen do drama help

Abby, 18 of April of 2024 at 18:21 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 1
I’ve had my first bit of wedding planning drama and I’m not liking this part !! I’m not planning my hen do , my friends are but I am aware of some plans going on. Anyway long story short they have a group chat going on (without me) and a few things have happened (different friendship groups are never easy) however I won’t bore you with that part BUT two girls have pulled out and said they aren’t coming but not really with a reason. I know some people will say why don’t I message them myself but I’m not SUPER close with them , they are H2B side of family and I also feel like they’re a little annoyed with my MOH for certain reasons I won’t go into to but ANYWAY point is, do you think they should have messaged me seperatley to say sorry they aren’t able to make my hen??

1 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 19 of April of 2024 at 13:09
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

If they have told the MOH (I assume she's the one organising the event) that they aren't coming, then I don't think they need to tell you as well. It might be different if it was one of your best friends who was not coming, but as you say, you are not close to these invitees.

I know a lot of people expect to be given a reason if people decline, but it's not strictly necessary. People can have good reasons for declining an invite that they may not want to make public (e.g. finance, health). As long as they have let the organiser know, that's fine.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics