Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

HappyAnnie
Beginner April 2012

Hen do help!

HappyAnnie, 28 May, 2012 at 17:35 Posted on Planning 0 5

Wondering if anyone can help! I'm in the process of arranging my best friends hen do? She arranged mine and it was amazing, so much thought had gone into it, I want to do just as good a job for her. So, I'm looking for accommodation like a big house/cottage,, need something out doorsy for the day, canbe anywhere in country! Any one got ideas/flashes? help!

P.s it's for about 10 people....

5 replies

Latest activity by xlovebirdsx, 28 May, 2012 at 21:45
  • hargate
    hargate ·
    • Hide content

Hi You could have a look at https://partyhouses.co.uk/ they are based in the Peak District, and there masses to do around here for hen do parties.

• K
    Beginner April 2013
    Kadypants ·
    • Hide content

Someone mentioned one on here a while back which sounded brilliant, but I can't remember what it was called! If I remember I'll post the link!

Try this one: www.groupaccomodation.com

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

I had a hen do that sounds like this! We stayed in a place called Haddon Grove Farm Cottages, about 10 mins drive from Bakewell. There are several cottages - we booked two to fit nine girls. Each was massive and beautifully decorated, with all glasses, plates, party jugs etc (and dishwasher!). The larger one had a massive dining room where we could all fit for dinner. There is an indoor pool and a games room on site. The cottages are gathered around a central courtyard with benching and landscaping.

Our schedule:

Friday night - a few glasses of wine over a few games of pool, then homemade pizzas (mocked up like a restaurant, so we all had a menu to 'order' toppings and so on). All the girls brought alcohol and cocktail recipes so there was much fun to be had!

Saturday - we rambled for a few miles to a place called Over Haddon, where we found a real ale pub (The Lathkil) with a terrace overlooking Lathkil Dale (nothing but green and hills and sunshine). They did real ale 'tapas', where you could try 1/3 pint of three different beers! We had a bit of lunch here then back to the cottages. Saturday night, the cottages owner had set up a BBQ in the courtyard, so we ate, drank, had quizzes, etc. Later on, there may have been karaoke (that Playstation thing).

Sunday - quick car ride into Bakewell for gastro pub brunch. Then a wander around Bakewell before home.

There were no heels and no makeup worn at all!

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

About 12 of us went here https://www.houghtonlodge.com/ in Dorset for my mates 30th was awesome own private sauna and hot tub & shared pool (you share with neighboring lodge but each have allocated time so will only be your party using it at any one time)

They can sort out outdoor type activities spa treatments etc too.

• HappyAnnie
    Beginner April 2012
    HappyAnnie ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for taking the time to reply ladies-lots to look at now!

Partyhouses look ace, I've not come across that website before. Haddon grove farm looks nice too, in fact really similar to where I had my hen do in peak district (foolow)

• xlovebirdsx
    Beginner August 2012
    xlovebirdsx ·
    • Hide content

This idea sounds like so much fun!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics