Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner May 2015

Hen do help... Marbella v. Benidorm

missgeebee, 8 of September of 2014 at 12:27 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hello lovelies, i need some help please.

My lovely bms have done all the planning but i'm now left to decide between Marbella or Benidorm. And i have no idea!! Two really want to go to benidrom and 2 want to go to Marbella... i don't want to feel as though i am picking one friend over the other....

I'm not allowed to know what we are doing, but theres not much difference in activities. So now my only way really of narrowing it down is cost.

I've not been to Spain for years, and then it was with my parents. So has anyone been recently to either and can give me an idea on how much food and drinks are in each?! or anything suggestions that can help me choose!

TIA x

4 replies

Latest activity by Moonbeam88, 8 of September of 2014 at 15:36
  • Howeaboutthat
    Savvy November 2021 Gloucestershire
    Howeaboutthat ·
    • Hide content

BENIDORM!!!. i loved it i went last year with a friend. had an amazing time. we Stayed at Magic rock gardens We were all inclusive so food we didnt pay out for but drinks were pretty much similar to prices over here. ive never been to marbella. But benidorm is certainly an experience

• S
    Beginner October 2015
    Stephie ·
    • Hide content

Benidorm! You will have an absolute ball there, that is where I have stipulated mine must be because I love it there! It's cheap, cheerful and you've got everything you need there for a really fantastic hen party

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Moonbeam88 ·
    • Hide content

I think it depends what your after. I've been to both... In my opinion Benidorm is more kiss me quick, blackpool abroad, cheap bars and cheesy music, great fun. Marbella is beach clubs, swanky bars playing great music & beautiful beaches.

I personally prefer Marbella by far. Some places can be pricey but around the port there are some very reasonable priced bars too. Some gorgeous big villas to be rented too which can work out cheaper if there is a few of you.

If you do go to Marbella make sure you do a Sunday at Nikki Beach!!!

it is 100% about your taste though and what sort of atmosphere you're after!

x

• M
    Beginner May 2015
    missgeebee ·
    • Hide content

I think you've just summed up exactly what i was thinking, but without the experience couldn't justify my thoughts.

I can't see my mum enjoying Benidorm, but we have done a day trip to marbella before and she liked the old town.

It might be wishful thinking, but looking for somewhere thats not purely about the drinking - i don't want to be in a bar from 8am til god knows what time, but don't want to spend a fortune when we do fany a drink.

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Moonbeam88 ·
    • Hide content

Yes i know what you mean you need something to cater to all. I think Marbella deff would as the mum's would appreciate the nicer (and less wild bars!). Around the port is perfect as there are also tons of lovely places to eat and get nice drinks in the evening and then it all comes extra alive after midnight. So they can choose to stay as long as they like.

Don't be afraid to take mums etc to Nikki Beach on a Sunday or the other beach clubs (maybe not champagne spray though lol). It is always a real mix of people from young to kids and the oldies! Can be hectic by the pool but can get a more chilled spot on the beach or outskirts. Food is good too. Being a day time thing i think it goes down OK as it's lively and everyone can feel involved but without forcing everyone to a booming rave!

My mum and dad have a place there and we go a lot so maybe i'm a little bias...but i have done both. You're best looking at the group of people your going with and thinking which would suit most. I'll be taking my girls there (although not until 2016) as it makes sense as I know where to go so should hopefully be able to make the best out of a shortish weekend.

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics