Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner July 2022 Greater Manchester

Hen do ideas

Bee, 3 of September of 2021 at 18:01 Posted on Planning 0 7
Hi all, I’m getting married next year and trying to organise a small hen do for myself. I’ve never been to a hen party before, my bridesmaids both have a lot going on so can’t organise (min is happy to do help thankfully!) and the few people I want to invite are scattered round the UK (and I’m not even in the uk!)

I’m just wondering if anyone has any ideas for a small weekend hen party that won’t break the bank for anyone, and will be fun for everyone (bridesmaids and friends don’t all know each other). I’m an outdoorsy person and not a drinker so I love the idea of somewhere with a hot tub but cottages seem to be crazy expensive (like £3k for 2 nights!) and glamping pods have double beds which might be awkward.
Help? Smiley smile

7 replies

Latest activity by Yorkshirelass, 5 of September of 2021 at 11:07
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I've done a couple of hen weekends that have been based in self catering accommodation (try Airbnb?) and we've just gone for long walks, cooked meals & hung out together. One of them, we did pottery painting, which was fun as we all got a mug or plate or something as a reminder of the weekend. You could try one of those zipwire/tree climbing places, or an outdoor activity centre that does mountain biking, archery, pony trekking, canoeing etc, but that is going to put the cost up a bit.

Try going a couple of months before your wedding and you might find costs drop for accommodation - May or June will be much cheaper than July.

One word of warning - if you get asked what the booking is for, I'd suggest saying it's a 'reunion'. A lot of places won't take hen groups because of the reputation for getting drunk & being rowdy - and if you're not after that kind of hen weekend, then the very last place you want to go is the kind of place that does cater for those kinds of hens! Two of my friends had terrible times booking somewhere for their hen dos because of this - they wanted quiet, rural with lots of space to chill over cups of tea and they kept being offered places next to nightclubs and bars!

Edited to say - you could look at prices for caravans as well as self catering.

• B
    Beginner July 2022 Greater Manchester
    Bee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! I hadn’t thought of air bnb Smiley smile
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Not sure what area would work for you, but the Forest of Dean/Wye Valley is stunningly beautiful and has lots of walks. The forest has a sculpture trail, Go Ape, and there is canoeing and mountain bike hire places in the area.

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    I asked my MOH to look for house on air bnb within an hours drive from home, we are on south coast so lucky to have woods and coastal walks. Hopefullycan find one with a spa nearby so we can chill and have a nice day at the spa and others can just do the spa if they can't come and stay, and then get takeout and go for walks as want to keep cost down for everyone and not in to drinking
  • Vicki
    Beginner October 2021 South Yorkshire
    Vicki ·
    • Hide content

Hi Sarah,

I’m having a small low key hen party, we’ve booked a lodge with a hot tub via hoseasons website. It was very reasonable £450 for 4 people for 3 nights. Absolute bargain. If your not too bothered about where you go, try their website.

We’re going to Bridlington in 3 weeks for my hen party 😃 can’t wait.

I hope you find somewhere

Vicki

• L
    Dedicated April 2023 Kent
    Ladybird1088 ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to either the Isle of Wight festival or Secret Garden Party for my hen, and also doing Magic Mike in London at a later date. A day at the races is good, the race course near me does a package of the races (grand stand or 3 course meal in one of their restaurants) plus a live concert in the evening, my fiance and I have been twice in the last couple of months and watched UB40 and Tom Walker

• Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Bridlington!!!! My home town lol. Go back and visit for parents as often as I can. Love it! Have a great time

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics