Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner July 2025 Ceredigion

Hen Do Ideas

Amy, 19 of February of 2024 at 15:56 Posted on Planning 0 5

My hen do will probably be myself and my mum, maybe 3 other female friends. My daughter is my bridesmaid but she is only little so too small for a hen do. Any ideas, we live in a very rural area which makes things more difficult as well as the fact that we don't have a great deal of money. I'm certainly not a go out and get drunk sort of person these days!

5 replies

Latest activity by Amy, 23 of February of 2024 at 08:09
  • Ivana
    Dedicated August 2024 East London
    Ivana ·
    • Hide content

Hi,
    Same here, I opted for a relaxing time spent with my closest friends rather than going out and drinking and partying.

My maid of honour is planning it for me, however I would suggest doing something like brunch at home, a spa day at home or a night in where you watch movies in matching pjs eating pizza and ice cream those are very budget friendly activities to do. Honestly just do whatever you feel like doing as it's about spending time with your closest people and not so about what you do. Hope that helps.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I agree with Ivana, it's more about spending time with those closest to you than what you actually do with it.

If you want to include your little girl, I'd go for a daytime celebration. Go somewhere nice for a morning coffee/lunch/afternoon tea, depending on what you can afford. If the budget will stretch to it, then you could also look at incorporating some kind of craft activity - I've seen hens that have done pottery painting, felting, jewellery making etc. If the weather's good, then you could maybe have a picnic lunch somewhere?

If you want to make a day of it, then you could always finish up at home with some pizzas/takeaway food and a film - bonus being that your daughter can go to bed when she needs to and you don't have to sort a babysitter!

• A
    Amy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's a lovely idea, thank you so much for your ideas. x
  • Jess
    Curious October 2025 Durham
    Jess ·
    • Hide content
    What about a spa day or an afternoon tea/brunch style thing?
    If you want to include your child, My sister had a main hen and then had a home hen in the house with a few people and a few games to make the kids feel involved. They put up decorations and had a little afternoon tea in the house too
  • A
    Amy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's a nice idea, thank you x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics