Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner June 2018

Hen do ideas

Lilacbouquet, 5 of September of 2017 at 16:20 Posted on Planning 0 10

I am a little stuck for hen do ideas. We are in Lincolnshire.

Could I have some inspiration as to what you lovely ladies are doing for yours??

Are you planning it or are your bridesmaids??

Thanks in advance!

10 replies

Latest activity by OasisBEE, 2 of May of 2023 at 18:19
  • R
    Beginner April 2018
    RomanticBlueCakes716 ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to Disneyland Paris for mine with just my sisters and friend. It was my idea, so I booked it all!

• V
    Beginner September 2017
    VegasBride2017 ·
    • Hide content

We went to London, theatre, Buckingham Palace as its open tot he public at the minute and had cakes and tea in the palace gardens, then a Thames River boat party cruise at the night, London looks amazing all lit up at night from the Thames x

• R
    Beginner June 2018
    RomanticRedFlowers886 ·
    • Hide content

I gave my sister and best friend a brief of 'seafood and fizz' - given the dates I've been told to keep free, I think we're going to the Rye Scallop Festival, and probably staying in a holiday house filled with prosecco. If I was in your neck of the woods, I'd probably aim for the seaside as well, or do something around one of the events at Clumber, Sherwood or Welbeck (or whatever country things are near to you). (I like a quiet life - realise that's not for everyone!)

• E
    Beginner October 2017
    ExpensiveYellowConfetti904 ·
    • Hide content

I'm off to the beach next weekend with a case of prosecco and seafood its just chilled and cool so noone needs to get dressed up and it doesn't matter if people dont have a lot of money they don't have to fork out a lot!

• B
    Beginner July 2018
    Blondie_bride ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I am having an abroad wedding somewhere sunny which my bridesmaids are sorting.

Also having a UK do, which is a canal boat with booze Smiley smile cant wait! x

• L
    Beginner June 2018
    Lilacbouquet ·
    • Hide content

Wow they all sound amazing!

I would lke my bridesmaids to organise something for me, but I think the wedding planning has turned me into a bit of a control freak lol, could I really sit back and let them plan it???

I think the best idea so far for us is have a sleepover party the Friday evening, go somewhere fun for the day and a spa, nice meal somewhere then go out for the evening in either York or Cambridge. I fancy Bath but I know it is expensive.

It just seems a little predictable. I've never been to a spa though so that would be good. The odd person has said the weekend will be too long if we do something on the saturday and then a spa day on the sunday to recover. Would it????

• R
    Beginner June 2018
    RomanticRedFlowers886 ·
    • Hide content

I went to the races once for a hen do in York, it was good fun. :-)

Don't think two days is too long - perhaps if you're worried you could ask your bridesmaids to arrange it so that if someone only wants to do the Saturday outing or the Sunday spa, they can? As for being a control freak - not being involved in planning the hen is driving me INSANE, but I'm learning... slowly...

On being predictable - most hen dos are unless you want a proper adventure (like going climbing or white water rafting or something!), or if you go abroad. I suppose as the point is to spend time with your friends it shouldn't matter what it is as being with them provides all the fun and giggles. ? And if you think of it like that you can never be disappointed either!

• L
    Beginner June 2018
    Lilacbouquet ·
    • Hide content

Thank you I'm pleased I'm not the only one!!

Valid point about the predictable side of things, doesn't matter as long as we all have fun! One on my friends has suggested renting a cottage in Norfolk which sounds nice Smiley smile

• J
    Beginner May 2018
    JessNav ·
    • Hide content

I've hired a house in Wales for the weekend which sleeps 19, there's a hot tub, pool, sauna, bar and even a gym. I can't wait and neither can my friends, I'm the first of 4 to get married next year so mines the opening party! My sister is the closing party and we're off to Chester for the Christmas market and cocktails!

• OasisBEE
    Essex
    OasisBEE ·
    • Hide content

Hen dos can be so much fun, but it can be tough to come up with ideas. If you're in Lincolnshire, you might want to consider checking out henpartychs.com for some inspiration.
    As for planning, it really depends on the bride and her preferences. Some brides like to be very involved in the planning process, while others prefer to leave it up to their bridesmaids. It's important to have open communication and make sure everyone is on the same page.
    Some popular hen do activities include spa days, wine tasting, dance classes, and outdoor adventures like hiking or kayaking.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics