Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F

HEN DO - Ideas and tips, my 10 step plan

Fueca, 20 May, 2013 at 18:10 Posted on Planning 0 16

Hey Guys!

I am a bridesmaid, and I have to obviously organize the HEN DO.

PEOPLE CAN FIND THIS TRICKY.

There is a lot of pressure nowadays to have the perfect hen do, the perfect WEEKEND (its not even down to one night anymore) and if possible with some out-of-ordinary experiences for the bride, etc.
This will obviously involve a lot of chipping in from the girls attending the hen do. It’s the recession, we need to think SMART.

So this was and is my plan: I was a bridesmaid before, and I have done pretty much the same with my other friends. Its perfect, trust me.

As I said, there is a lot of pressure nowadays to go abroad and do WEEKEND hen dos and all that. RUBBISH. As long as the important people are there, do not get pressurized.
Going abroad is awesome, new experience, out of this world etc… BUT THIS IS FOR SUMMER HOLIDAYS AND HONEYMOONS! NOT HEN DOS! You need to have in account language barriers, travelling options from restaurants to clubs etc. KEEP IT SIMPLE – STAY IN THE UK!!!!! There are such amazing places that you can visit when doing a hen do, why complicating it? It will get you tired, the bride tired, stressed, etc.

LONDON IS PERFECT!
I have done it simple – 10 STEPS!

1 - Booked a few hotel rooms – very good options in earls court, cheap hotels for 2 days, everyone chips in about 40- 60 quid and the accommodation is sorted – no need for posh places, you will not be INDOORS, be real!

2 – Got some contacts for a male glamour show: VIP entrance included for a couple more quid, cocktails, photos with the boys – THEY ARE HOT TRUST ME!!!!!!!!!!!! By the end of this show, everyone is tipsy, horny, ready to GO OUT! They were such good people they even gave me their contact details so I can keep in touch with them

3 – The tickets included entry for one of the BEST clubs in London – rest of the night sorted.

4- LONDON TOUR at 3AM – we just decided to visit London during the night. We did a round of photos in the big ben, buckinham palace, river thames, London eye, etc… took loads of PICTURES. LOADS!

5 – Watched the sun rising in Greenwich park. Went for a FULL ENGLISH BREAKFAST in an awesome pub in Soho.

6 – Revealed the photos in a photo shop. Stuck them all in a pre-bought album – gave it to the bride as a present.

7 – Went to a spa for 30 quid – good wowcher options

8 – had a nap and went for dinner in CAMDEN TOWN.

9 – Spent the rest of the night doing drinking games around London, in a chilled out kinda plan, just where the wind took us.

10 – Woke up refreshed on Sunday, ready for a quick pick nick in St James Park. Went back home.

Let me know your thoughts on this, what are your ideas, and whether you think these are good plans. I have done it twice and plan on doing it a 3rd time. I have also helped other people doing it…. I think I might become a travel agent ha ha ha! Let me know if you guys need any help planning!!!

Much Love,

Monica Reis

16 replies

Latest activity by Fueca, 21 May, 2013 at 18:34
  • S108HAN
    Beginner August 2013
    S108HAN ·
    • Hide content

Agree with not going abroad. I've been on three Butlins Big Weekend Hen Dos (2 x 90s Reloaded, 1 x Ultimate 80s). Three nights self accommodation for less than £100 per person. Live bands in different venues all weekend for free. Optional bowling, swimming, restaurants, spa treatments. Totally safe, secure on the site. Best three party weekends ever!

• bex_boo
    Beginner August 2014
    bex_boo ·
    • Hide content

You are a breath of fresh air. Why do people have to have a holiday for their hen do? It's so selfish. Why would anyone think that other people want to spend that much on a hen do? It's crazy. What a delight you are!

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

I would be broken.

Plus, if you've just watched the sun rise in Greenwich park, why on earth would you go all the way to Soho for breakfast?!?

• F
    Fueca ·
    • Hide content

We were completely broken trust...
    Because thats the beauty of london, we can get anywhere at any time!

• Foo
    Beginner June 2014
    Foo ·
    • Hide content

Jesus, sounds exhausting. How did you get from town to Greenwich to watch the sun come up? Either you are all very young or you had some really good drugs if you went to a spa all day after a night of no sleep. A 'male glamour show' would literally be my worst nightmare. ? But hey, glad you had a good time...

I am going to be going for dinner somewhere fabulous in London, then possibly to a nice bar. That's it.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've just looked them up on your stream of sweary nonsense Twitter account.

Hot, they are not.

• Forever Wedding Dance
    Rockstar September 2013
    Forever Wedding Dance ·
    • Hide content

I'm also doing London on a budget for the benefit of friends and my younger sisters who don't have lots of money - everyone's coming to my flat which is not huge but big enough and quite close to Waterloo, where they'll all come into London from. Pyjama party at mine on the Friday night and then fun in town on the Saturday. They don't have to pay for accommodation at all (another friend who lives in London is taking some people at hers so we don't have too long a queue for the bathroom!) and can just bring a bottle for the Friday night, I'll provide party food. For the Saturday, it will cost about £28.00 total to do the three activities - private karaoke room at Lucky Voice in the afternoon, the hen party package at the Bavarian Beerhouse (which might not be everyone's cup of tea but me and my friends LOVE it) and guestlist entry to a cheesy nightclub - and then all they have to worry about is whatever they want to spend on food / drink whilst we're out on the Saturday, plus their travelcard to get around.

I just felt that sometimes you can put so much expectation and expense into a night out and it doesn't guarantee it will be fun. It's like New Year's Eve - the idea that you WILL have fun, whether you like it or not! I usually find that the best nights are the most chilled ones and I just thought we should take the pressure off and go places we know we like, and then just crash at mine. I'm really looking forward to it!

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

Words fail me.

But the Queen is most upset you can't spell Buckingham Palace.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

I don't know if London holds the same appeal if you were born in and grew up there? Is it just me?

I really don't like/enjoy nights out in London on the whole. But then again, i'm a pub/club loathing bore ?

• F
    Fueca ·
    • Hide content

You might be right, London does have a special magic for me, but then again I am foreign!!

Also, i mistyped Buckingham Palace, many apologies

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

It’s the recession, we need to think SMART

If you think Smart is deciding to spend a weekend in the most expensive city in the Country. ?

Booked a few hotel rooms – very good options in earls court, cheap hotels for 2 days, everyone chips in about 40- 60 quid and the accommodation is sorted – no need for posh places, you will not be INDOORS, be real!

£40-£60 In London Earls Court? were there about 5 of you per room or was this in fact a hostel?

Watched the sun rising in Greenwich park. Went for a FULL ENGLISH BREAKFAST in an awesome pub in Soho.

Plenty of pubs in Greenwich why bother trecking into Soho?

3 – The tickets included entry for one of the BEST clubs in London – rest of the night sorted

All the best clubs London had to offer sadly have closed down (in my cabbage), what was the name of this club??

Let me know your thoughts on this

As a Londoner I think it would be much cheaper to just go abroad for what you would have spent doing that lot in London! ....maybe being a travel agent is not for you after all. ?

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You can, though that doesn't mean it's easy or cheap. There are loads of nice places for breakfast around Greenwich - I'm just not sure why you'd haul yourself all the way back to Soho just for that?

I had my hen do in London and it was fab, but we only had two major locations - Blackheath and Clapham. I live here, so I'm not that fussed about rushing all over trying to see everything.

• BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree totally with this (as a Midlander!). If I was to have my hen do here to keep things cheap, London would be at the bottom of the possible locations list!

• M
    Beginner October 2014
    Mrs2014 ·
    • Hide content

Hmm I think of would like london..but would prefer a bit more of a laid back approach... So for me it would be a up market hotel , tea at the ritz, london west end show, maybe london eye and champagne.....however I ain't rich so that ain't happening lol

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I am SO GLAD you came here to tell us this news.

• Cilla
    Beginner April 2012
    Cilla ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well isn't that just lovely!

So are you the Dream Idols official promoter now? Or just a groupie?

• F
    Fueca ·
    • Hide content

Haha just a groupie!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics