Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

X
Beginner August 2017

Hen do ideas - where to go

xlisa_89x, 1 of June of 2016 at 10:28 Posted on Planning 0 11

Have been looking online on hen do planning websites for ideas - was wondering where people are going or have been before ?

It isnt while next year but wanting to plan ahead ideas. Thinking so far of UK possibly York or Liverpool.

Thinking of the usual cocktail mixing / kareoke but also looking at some other ideas.

inspire me! X

11 replies

Latest activity by Samuel, 5 of March of 2024 at 01:46
  • M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content

I had a spa break at Crewe Hall in Cheshire for my hen-do. Such good value for money and was nice and relazing.

There's quite a few things you could do - I know there's pizza/cocktail/chocolate making experiences. I've even read about someone on here making knickers at their hen-do!

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to Majorca. It's not booked yet but thinking of going to Nikki Beach for a pool party, a cheesy night out in Magaluf, a classier night out at the marina and Jungle Parc which is zip wiring etc.

For my UK hen, I am thinking of a "powder and paint party" which is a night out at a local venue. 3 course meal served by butlers in the buff, wine and then a DJ.

I did a cocktail making package for my birthday and it was really good fun. I'd definitely recommend it x

• X
    Beginner August 2017
    xlisa_89x ·
    • Hide content

Has anyone done a perfume making activity ?

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

I'm having several 'hens' as my friends and family have such varied interests and are all different ages... so I'll have a 'traditional' do for the younger 'hipsters'- go out and get drunk wearing a veil and a blown up condom no doubt, a 'civilised' do for older friends and family that will be a nice meal somewhere and a couple of glasses of fizz and then... for my 'horsey crew' we are going to Bourton Vale Equestrian Centre in Bourton on the Water in the Cotswolds for a 'hen hack' and then staying in Bourton for a boozy night out afterwards. If I'm totally honest, that's the only one I'm looking forward to!! ?

• PadBin
    Rockstar July 2016
    PadBin ·
    • Hide content

My hen weekend is on Saturday. i wanted to keep it small and i really didn't want all the usual hen bits as I'm 32 and quite shy, so i banned, clubbing, strippers and any willy shaped anythings. my hens have been calling it a posh hen. lol.

i decided to have a 1950 theme, 6 of us are going to Portsmouth. we're starting with Costa and sightseeing, then afternoon tea at the spinnaker tower, a boat trip, then going to get changed before a cocktail class at 6 followed by dinner at Jamie Italian. 4 of us are staying over, the the next day we're going to relax by the pool before a 3 course Sunday lunch at the hotel.

• L
    Beginner August 2016
    Laurensmum ·
    • Hide content

I'm off to Bath for a long weekend! Can't wait!

9 of us going. Hiring Lady Emma Hamiltons townhouse from Friday to Monday.

We have tour bus tickets that last the whole weekend, cocktail making, exclusive use of one of the baths AND a champagne river cruise with afternoon tea.

All for the bargain price (although I realise quite expensive for some, including myself!) £200.

Sooooooooo excited!!

• S
    Beginner December 2015
    SunnyPinkConfetti310 ·
    • Hide content

For my hen party, we went to CenterParcs for the weekend. Hen parties aren't technically allowed but we were well behaved and no one said anything to us, even when I had my sash, glasses etc. on walking around.

We went to the spa, swimming, bowling, pottery painting and boating. We also had a couple of meals out. It was really good fun without being rowdy, and the cost was quite low as we were self catered, so did a click n collect en route which mostly fed/watered us apart from a couple of meals and drinks out.

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This sounds amazing! Did you book it all separately, or through a company who puts together packages?

• jamborina
    Dedicated August 2016
    jamborina ·
    • Hide content

I'm off to Edinburgh for the night in 2weeks with my bridesmaids. I've vetoed sashes, L plates etc, and wanted to do a ghost walk and have cocktails and nice food. Really looking forward to it.

• L
    Beginner August 2016
    Laurensmum ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We booked the house, cocktail making and spa separately. The tour bus and cruise were through the house letting agency.

The only reason we have got exclusive use of the spa is because they double booked us. They sent an email apologising and offered another time that didn't suit, so my MOH explained it was for my hen do and that I was really looking forward to the baths and how disappointed I was so they upgraded us to exclusive use for free the following day, as they were fully booked in the "open to all" baths on both days! ?

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

Result! Enjoy, sounds fab. ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics