Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Trouble_gb
Beginner September 2013

Hen do in Bath - Any Advice

Trouble_gb, 21 June, 2012 at 10:55 Posted on Planning 0 14

Hi,

as well as getting married I'm also helping to organise a Hen Do in Bath.

Has anyone been on a Hen do there recently and can recommend places to go for a night out in town? Or maybe even to you live locally and can help me out.

Much appreciated thanks!!

14 replies

Latest activity by Lucieaew, 21 June, 2012 at 20:16
  • Fireflies
    Beginner June 2013
    Fireflies ·
    • Hide content

My sister's hen do was in Bath last year and it was amazing!

There were about 12 of us I think and her MOH found a house/apartment with 3 floors right in the centre of Bath which we hired out for 2 nights - really gorgeous place - had bunk bed and single beds, so approx 4 people could fit in each room, but wasn't in a cheap/hostel type way, was like luxury bedding etc - also had a massive skylight kitchen/dining/living room with a big table and benches so we could all fit around the table.

We had both evenings meals in rather than eating out, but we went for tapas and a cocktail making class in the day on Sat and I think for approx £19.95 each we had huge amounts of tapas and got to make (and then obv drink!) 3 cocktails, along with making our own one - so much fun! Also went to the Bath spa - the place with the steam rooms and roof top swimming pool...got a feeling this was around £20 although I can't remember for sure - this was fun but mega busy on Sat & we had to queue to get in (around 11am I think) for about half an hour..think we booked too but cant remember for sure as MOH did it! Obviously the time went fast as we were all chatting etc, but I think I would have skipped that if it were my hen..

Sat night we went out to some bars etc and then we had a booth booked for approx £12 per person in a club which was a little dingy but everyone had fun - like an underground type club and we got a bottle of vodka and other mixers and waitress service etc etc for that..

If you want names of anything, let me know Smiley smile

• Trouble_gb
    Beginner September 2013
    Trouble_gb ·
    • Hide content

Oh this is very much like what we are planning!

Can you let me know where you stayed / where you did the cocktail making classes and the name of the club!

Thanks so much x

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

Go to the spa! I went on a hen weekend in Bath and we went there, it was great. They have a pool on the roof!

• Trouble_gb
    Beginner September 2013
    Trouble_gb ·
    • Hide content

We would love to go to the spa but they don't have anything available for the weekend we want to go and this is October!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I had my hen do there in February last year.

There was only a few of us Friday night so we went for a curry and plenty of wine.

Saturday more friends turned up and we had an afternoon Burlesque dance class (£10 each), dinner in ASK (2 courses for £10), Drinks in Revolutions (3 cocktails for £11 with prepaid wristbands) and then onto the Blue Rooms club after till 4am!

We stayed in the Travelodge at the top of town, £90 for a room sleeping 3 people. The restaurant was next door to the right, the bar was next door to the left and the club was underneath the hotel!!!

• Fireflies
    Beginner June 2013
    Fireflies ·
    • Hide content

Just had a look through my old emails to find out - sorry I got the price a bit wrong but still think it's good! For about 10 of us (I think it was 12 originally and we were going to have people sleeping on sofas etc but a few less) it ended up being £158 for two nights and £113 for one night - that's including accomodation, the cocktail class, the tapas, bath spa..

we stayed at The Loft - http://www.holidayletbath.co.uk/

cocktail classes & tapas (was actually £17 for cocktail class and £13 for tapas - prices may have changed since then) - http://www.mycocktailmasterclass.com/venues/pulpbath/pulpbath.html

club we went to (but wasn't THAT great lol!) - https://www.bathponana.com/

• J
    Beginner August 2013
    Jessie_bride ·
    • Hide content

Indigoemma- the place you stayed looks gorgeous!

I have my heart set on Bath for my hen do so this thread is really helpful!

J x

• HLT
    Beginner August 2012
    HLT ·
    • Hide content

We live in Bath so I'm having my hen day/night here. Go to the spa - you can't book but you can queue and wait (maybe 30 mins max in October. I'd also check out The Makery - we are doing the life drawing! I thought garters looked fun though!

• B
    Beginner April 2011
    babypp2 ·
    • Hide content

Just had a look through my old emails to find out.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Hahaha! This is where we were and we loved it! We were very very drunk by this point though!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

See for me it was a small-town club as I am just outside London!

Plus we only paid £5... and were only in there from 2am to 4am!

• M
    Beginner November 2013
    McLisa ·
    • Hide content

We stayed in the Travelodge at the top of town, £90 for a room sleeping 3 people. The restaurant was next door to the right, the bar was next door to the left and the club was underneath the hotel!!!

• L
    Beginner September 2012
    Lucieaew ·
    • Hide content

I had mine in Bath, we stayed in Mendip Gate guest house which was a little way out of Bath. But we did activities in the day (Cupcake making and decorating and Archery) then we had transport to and from Bath and entry into a comedy club (Komedia) which we ate at and turned into a disco once the acts were finished. The whole thing was brilliant couldnt fault it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics