Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

shoegal01
Beginner October 2010

Hen Do - is this a bit dull?

shoegal01, 30 July, 2010 at 14:45 Posted on Planning 0 12

SOooooo i was planning on some big drunken weekend to a city but my Mum is going into hospital next week for a op and wont be recovered to do anything like that and OH's Mum isnt well at the moment and obviously i wanted them both there.

So ive decided i will just stay local.

Ive decided for the older ladies we will have dinner at the Oxo Tower on night and with the youngsters i will go to Proud at Camden for the evening.

Both evenings will be around £100 per person (obviously depending on how much one drinks) Do you think this is a big ask?

Is this a bit boring?

Plus im organising all myself because i cant bear the thought of having to go along with something that i dont want to do.

God im a right ber humbug!

12 replies

Latest activity by Lollypop123, 31 July, 2010 at 16:51
  • lovelygirl
    Beginner August 2011
    lovelygirl ·
    • Hide content

Do what you want to do! I don't really drink and can't think of anything worse than going out with the sole purpose of getting drunk! If i have a hen do it will be a spa afternoon with dinner and a few drinks then bed! but then i tire easily and get grumpy.

What would you get for your £100?

• shoegal01
    Beginner October 2010
    shoegal01 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well i suppose it depends

If we go to dinner at OXO £100 would be 3 corses and wine

Night out at Proud would be club entry and your drinks

Im Central London by the way so everything is costly

• C
    Beginner July 2011
    cassmk2 ·
    • Hide content

As long as you don't think it's boring and you are happy to be going where you have picked, then it doesn't matter. It's YOUR hen do!!

• shoegal01
    Beginner October 2010
    shoegal01 ·
    • Hide content

It is a little but dull tho isnt it - its something someone could do any night - its not really hen nightish is it - apart from the fact ill probably be covered in flashing willies!!

• Suzie&Karl
    Beginner January 2012
    Suzie&Karl ·
    • Hide content

I do think that £100 is quite expensive (but bear in mind in not in London so don't really pay those prices lol)

But i think the people who mean alot to you will pay the price.

My best friend is having a spa day one weekend and a hen night a different weekend, both costing around that price. But i wouldnt miss them for the world.

You might find if your inviting the same people to both, one might only go to one or the other.

I am hoping to have 3 Hen Nights (all 3 to suit different people)

x

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

If it's what you want to do it isn't boring at all. As long as people are aware of costs I'm sure they will be happy to go along to.

So far I am having no hen do but if I do it will be tame day out tin bath with an activity spa or a chocolate making class etc etc then nice dinner and cocktails etc in the evening. That way oldies can join the day and evening can be for who ever wants to come along. The tentative date is the Sat before the wedding so can't go to crazy we decided the original plan of horse riding was a bit risky as a bride with a broken arm wouldn't be funny.

• A
    Beginner
    AniaF ·
    • Hide content

Coming from someone who lives in London, I have had many lovely nights out for far less than £100 a person so in my opinion I think it's too much. I don't think it's boring though, there isn't just one idea of a hen night any more, you should do what makes you happy.

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

But is there anything else you actually want to do? Unless there's anything you particularly want to do then what does it matter?

I don't think either my hen weekend or night were anything special but the fact it was all for me (and the prescence of flashing willies!) made it different iyswim?

• Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

I think its the people that make the night not where it is or what you are doing. If having it local means everyone can be there that you want there then so what! The Oxo Tower will be amazing and when you are drunk, dancing in a club you could be anywhere in the country - as long as your friends are all there!

If you want a little bit of something extra how about you do something during the day? E.g. cocktail making at Revolution, or a Salsa dancing class or something. That way people can come to what they want to come to.

Or you could book a night in a hotel after the night out that also has a spa which you could do the day after?

Or you could tie in during the day, going for a facial/massage/manicure with a couple of your closest girlies, before the meal/night out.

Sorry just throwing ideas out there!

• emmy1979
    Rockstar June 2023 West Yorkshire
    emmy1979 ·
    • Hide content

I went to Proud in January...and I was bored! Even with circus performers there I found the club to be a bit soul sapping, there were loads of younglings there who looked like they were forcing themselves to have a good time. It could have just been that particular night was a bit rubbish though.

Have you thought about still going for the city break but incorporating something that your mum and mil could do, like you could go watch a play - West Yorks playhouse is really good, and Leeds is a brilliant night out and the shopping is good. Or you could go to Edinburgh, go to the comedy club and mill about the galleries in the day. Or Manchester and you could watch a gig (MEN arena has seats!)

A city break doesn't have to mean booze all the way, you can have culture and a bit of refinement too ?

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree completely - I spent the week before my hen night falling out with my CBM because she seemed to think my ideas weren't exciting enough. I thoroughly enjoyed my night, doing what I wanted to do, with the people who matter the most to me. Have it your way, you'll enjoy it a whole lot more.

• L
    Beginner
    Lollypop123 ·
    • Hide content

No that sounds good, do what you want to do aslong as it will include everyone you want to be there - after all it is your hen do!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics